Booz Allen Hamilton

There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

People focused culture

Former Employee - Lead Associate in McLean, VA
Former Employee - Lead Associate in McLean, VA

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Culture that focuses on their people, promoting within, providing opportunity to work with good clients, and provide avenues to create an internal network of people.

Cons

Lower than market salary, hard to switch teams within the company without having a solid network, and challenging to create your own network.

Protect your culture which appears to be changing based on changes made to the company due to it going partial public

2330 Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton (View Most Recent)

Higher caliber consultants

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton

Pros

I've been in the government contracting industry for a while now, and can say that BAH definitely hires more quality people than other firms. There are a lot of motivated people in the firm developing some very innovative capabilities. I've also had luck in having a very involved leadership and mentor

Cons

Like all companies it really depends on the team that you land on. I happened to get lucky in the team that I was placed in and was afforded a lot of opportunities, but that hasn't been the case for all of my co-workers. Also like all companies there can be a lot of office politics that drive decisions that not everyone agrees with

Great company if you get in to the right field... with an active clearance

Current Employee - Consultant I in Jessup, MD
    Current Employee - Consultant I in Jessup, MD

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Booz Allen is a very strong company with strong year over year growth. There are position openings all over the world, and they dabble in a little bit of everything. If you get a good manager, and enjoy your position, your life will be great. Work weeks aren't super long, and your benefits are pretty good.

Cons

Internal applications are a nightmare, recruiters only care about bringing in new employees (they get a bonus) rather than staffing the employees already in the system. Since going public, the company's culture has changed sharply and the investors seem to be wanting to fix something that's not broken.

Worry more about employee moral than nickel/diming the overhead.

There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton