Booz Allen Hamilton

www.boozallen.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Hires great people, both smart and personable

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Senior Consultant in San Diego, CA

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work schedule, smart coworkers, lots of activities and ways to be involved. Can learn a lot form your clients and peers.

Cons

Very bureaucratic - depending on the team, it can be very hard to get promoted and there is also a very high range of salaries. Different than other management consulting companies - primarily government clients, so you may have the same client for many many years.

2333 Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton (View Most Recent)

Higher caliber consultants

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton

Pros

I've been in the government contracting industry for a while now, and can say that BAH definitely hires more quality people than other firms. There are a lot of motivated people in the firm developing some very innovative capabilities. I've also had luck in having a very involved leadership and mentor

Cons

Like all companies it really depends on the team that you land on. I happened to get lucky in the team that I was placed in and was afforded a lot of opportunities, but that hasn't been the case for all of my co-workers. Also like all companies there can be a lot of office politics that drive decisions that not everyone agrees with

Great company if you get in to the right field... with an active clearance

Current Employee - Consultant I in Jessup, MD
    Current Employee - Consultant I in Jessup, MD

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Booz Allen is a very strong company with strong year over year growth. There are position openings all over the world, and they dabble in a little bit of everything. If you get a good manager, and enjoy your position, your life will be great. Work weeks aren't super long, and your benefits are pretty good.

Cons

Internal applications are a nightmare, recruiters only care about bringing in new employees (they get a bonus) rather than staffing the employees already in the system. Since going public, the company's culture has changed sharply and the investors seem to be wanting to fix something that's not broken.

Worry more about employee moral than nickel/diming the overhead.

There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton