Booz Allen Hamilton

www.boozallen.com
  www.boozallen.com
There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

One of the better major government consulting firms out there

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Annapolis Junction, MD
Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Annapolis Junction, MD

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Competitive pay, good benefits, good opportunities for engineering staff

Cons

No real long-term technical career path, upper management only focused on the management consulting side of the business rather than the engineering work

2223 Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton (View Most Recent)

Dangerous Times for Booz Allen

Current Employee - Lead Associate in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Lead Associate in Washington, DC

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great brand recognition in the DC area. Fantastic firm for those willing to work extremely hard to grow and build their own business.

Cons

Senior management is still learning to operate a traded company. The ever-declining stock price in combination with the current federal budget has led to a series of profit-focused decisions that are decreasing benefits for revenue generating staff and increasing attrition. Middle management has also suffered and is now more concerned with their own job preservation than developming consultants through lead associates.

Your "shareholder friendly" management over the last 2 years has decreased morale and the stock price. It's time to refocus on recruiting and retaining the best to deliver the best professional services.

Short experience showed me a lot...

Current Employee - Consultant in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Consultant in McLean, VA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I recently turned in my letter of resignation to the firm. Telework is a dream and there are amny opportunities for work-life balance; the salary was pretty good for someone at my level; informal training opportunities abound

Cons

Strong leadership is lacking- I found that the most incompetent people are being promoted to positions of authority but they lack the skills to lead a technical effort. The team/project I was on was poorly managed because of personality and technical skills mismatching. I feel this is definitely a "butts-in-seats" firm. I felt m importance was tied to a billability percentage.

I worked with and later under someone who was the definition of incompetent, BUT because he knew the right senior associate he was given opportunities that people with skills should have been given. It was sickening. However, people are leaving for a reason.

Be careful, the employees leaving for good reasons will more than likely become your clients. My first day at the firm (after orientation), I knew it was a culture mismatch. I feel that, although Booz gives lip-service to innovation, they really do not do it. I feel other firms Deloitte, IBM, etc. provide more stable innovation.

There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton