Booz Allen Hamilton

There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Challenging

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There individuals there with no degrees who make you feel less of a person if you have a graduate degree. I had one man say to me "I didn't go to some fancy school and get a degree and get handed a job." I have a high school diploma and thats all I need.

Cons

The individuals with no degree

2245 Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton (View Most Recent)

Lead Associate

Former Employee - Lead Associate in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Lead Associate in Denver, CO

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Loved the experience. Personally got to move through the ranks quickly as my main client truly required my expertise. Felt like I got very lucky getting matched to the right project and got to hand pick my team. An all-star team was created that I feel broke boundaries within the organization

Cons

As my success continued to grow, local mgmt wanted to capitalize on it which is risky. If not careful could have devalued my contributions to the overall task. Being on a client site made it somewhat difficult to feel attached & recognized by the local office as well. Definitely had to care & feed the relationship with the actual corporate office.

When yr over yr when a person continues to bring in high dollar business and doubles the contract size, you need to ignore your compensation strategies and go above & beyond those that go above & beyond for you.

Great company, but poor outlook given government funding

Former Employee - Associate in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Associate in McLean, VA

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Prestigious company within the federal government sphere; always receive an "oh nice!" when I mention where I work. Good benefits.

Cons

Lack of connectedness; spend all the time with the client, you almost feel more like the client's employee; projects are harder to come by nowadays and the company is less willing to let you sit on the beach for extended periods of time.

There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton