Booz Allen Hamilton

There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

2003-2006 Fantastic 2007-2013 slow death rattle

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Senior Associate in Seattle, WA

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Used to be a fantastic company that beleived in staff, understood that working hard and playing hard were necessary to have a successful company. Understood that sick time was not vacation time and so you had unlimited sick time. Then Ralph sold the companies soul after professing that "we went public once and would never do it again." BS

Cons

Ralph drove the company into the dirt. Every piece of the former company is gone as Ralph drove the ship into "industry standard" which used to be anathema to Booz Allen. Training is all but gone (online after hours..some perk!@!@!) The Firms contribution to your 401K was the last unique benefit left, and that sacred cow has now been sacrificed at the alter of Ralph to the Carlyle Gods. Get ready kiddies because with the new reorg...nasty changes are on the horizon...anybody for a spinoff?

Get rid of Ralph, let him manage the private jet company he owns and get him out of Booz, he has slowly destroyed the company. Return Booz to the company it was, lower your multiple by cutting profit not screwing your staff. Or keep doing what you are doing and you can become SAIC (who now has better benefits than Booz)

2242 Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton (View Most Recent)

One of the better companies for which I've worked

Current Employee - Associate in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Associate in Washington, DC

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Salary and benefits are pretty good for the area. The 401(k) program used to provide a fantastic profit sharing, but that is slowly phasing out and they're instituting a matching contribution program. BAH has taken care of me, and I have a really proactive management team.

Cons

Hard to advance your career client site, but I believe they are trying to restructure so that there will be career paths for those providing technical services vs. constantly building new business. I think peoples' experience with the company varies depending on the quality of their management team.

Overall positive, with few drawbacks

Current Employee - Consultant in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Consultant in McLean, VA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

They have money, and lots of resources. If you're a go-getter, the world is your oyster.

Cons

There can be a lot of bureaucracy. Sometimes hours have to be filled with mundane tasks. It's not QUITE as easy to get a new position within the company as one would think--particularly not if one is at client site.

Improve mentoring programs to reach out to prospective upcoming talent. Leadership development shouldn't be merely an option; it should be built into the system.

There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton