There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

2003-2006 Fantastic 2007-2013 slow death rattle

Former Employee - Senior Associate  in  Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Senior Associate in Seattle, WA

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Used to be a fantastic company that beleived in staff, understood that working hard and playing hard were necessary to have a successful company. Understood that sick time was not vacation time and so you had unlimited sick time. Then Ralph sold the companies soul after professing that "we went public once and would never do it again." BS

Cons

Ralph drove the company into the dirt. Every piece of the former company is gone as Ralph drove the ship into "industry standard" which used to be anathema to Booz Allen. Training is all but gone (online after hours..some perk!@!@!) The Firms contribution to your 401K was the last unique benefit left, and that sacred cow has now been sacrificed at the alter of Ralph to the Carlyle Gods. Get ready kiddies because with the new reorg...nasty changes are on the horizon...anybody for a spinoff?

Get rid of Ralph, let him manage the private jet company he owns and get him out of Booz, he has slowly destroyed the company. Return Booz to the company it was, lower your multiple by cutting profit not screwing your staff. Or keep doing what you are doing and you can become SAIC (who now has better benefits than Booz)

2137 Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton (View Most Recent)

One of the better companies for which I've worked

Current Employee - Associate  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Associate in Washington, DC

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Salary and benefits are pretty good for the area. The 401(k) program used to provide a fantastic profit sharing, but that is slowly phasing out and they're instituting a matching contribution program. BAH has taken care of me, and I have a really proactive management team.

Cons

Hard to advance your career client site, but I believe they are trying to restructure so that there will be career paths for those providing technical services vs. constantly building new business. I think peoples' experience with the company varies depending on the quality of their management team.

Good Company

Former Employee - Associate  in  McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Associate in McLean, VA

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

ECAP, Benefits, Leave. Great company to learn consulting in the federal environment. You have to be very dedicated to learning you skill set. If you want to make it at Booz you need to become a subject matter expert and learning business development. Also the culture of Booz Allen can take time to learn.

Cons

If you are looking for work life balance, Booz Allen is not the place. You are expected to be dedicated to your projects, participating in organizations outside of Booz Allen to build name recognition (your name) and doing proposal work... I would give BAH 5 stars if there was better work life balance.

There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!