Booz Allen Hamilton
3.4 of 5 1,914 reviews
www.boozallen.com McLean, VA 5000+ Employees

1914 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Overall positive, with few drawbacks

Consultant (Current Employee)
McLean, VA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton as a contractor for more than a year

ProsThey have money, and lots of resources. If you're a go-getter, the world is your oyster.

ConsThere can be a lot of bureaucracy. Sometimes hours have to be filled with mundane tasks. It's not QUITE as easy to get a new position within the company as one would think--particularly not if one is at client site.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove mentoring programs to reach out to prospective upcoming talent. Leadership development shouldn't be merely an option; it should be built into the system.

Thought of my employer

Technology Consulting Associate (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than a year

Pros: They still have a family oriented view of their employees. I have a… Cons: Career advancement is difficult, but this is common in the… Advice to Senior Management: Provide clarity in career guidance, as this is somewhat lacking… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Not living up to expectations

Associate (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: - Smart co-workers - Good internal support - Well-run company - Opportunities for… Cons: - Eroding culture - lack of investment in employee professional development is killing morale - Hard to collaborate with hoteling system - Limited social interaction with peers… Advice to Senior Management: Beware of brand dilution: re-invest in hiring and retaining top… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Booz Allen Hamilton.

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Booz Allen Hamilton reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Booz Allen Hamilton CEO Ralph W. Shrader. All reviews posted anonymously by Booz Allen Hamilton employees.