There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Solid company for those who are self driven

Former Employee - Associate in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Associate in Washington, DC

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good reputation, solid company that has a lot of resources available to staff.

Cons

This is not a company that will hold your hand - they make resources available but its up to staff to understand, leverage and execute those resources. Personally, I see this as a pro, but others who are not self driven may not.

2184 Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton (View Most Recent)

Horrible, Gave me the Bait and Switch

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nothing. This job was NOT what I expected, nor was it the job I was sold during the interview process.

Cons

- no communication from recruiters regarding status
    - interviewers tell you you're being hired for one position, then you get stuck in something else

Read the resumes of your employees!!!

Great Network, but Inconsistent Work Experience

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in McLean, VA

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The Booz Allen network is great. There is tons of free company training and you are encouraged to reach out to mentor and be mentored. The variety of contracts was awesome when I was there - almost any government agency, tons of different roles and professional development opportunities. If you don't like the contract you're on, network and you can probably find a new challenge!

Cons

Experience depends heavily on your team. Some teams are focused on your professional development while others will demand a lot of (unpaid) overtime to support a client's unreasonable demands. Some "go-to" consultants are over-utilized and others might find themselves constantly on the beach. Many contracts are long-term butts-in-seats on client site rather than the leadership/management consulting on which the company built its reputation. As the company went private, the "work/life balance" motto became secondary to making money, so there was a lot of hassle about short-term disability. Also, the yearly assessment can be brutal.

Elicit feedback from lower-level consultants and address management concerns to improve the consistency of experience across teams.

There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton