Booz Allen Hamilton

www.boozallen.com
  www.boozallen.com
There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Good firm but the Carlyle Group is slowly destroying the brand

Current Employee - Associate in Baltimore, MD
Current Employee - Associate in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pretty good work-life balance, decent stability, ok pay. Still winning contracts and multiples on labor rates have gone down some. Still some value to the Booz Allen name and there is a consulting legacy that can be salvaged.

Cons

Pay a bit lower than competitors, Retirement reduced, and very stingy with leave. Lack of real engagement form so-called leadership. The Carlyle Group the equity firm that owns Booz Allen is dismantling everything that made Booz Allen a marque consulting firm. They have made near 100% billable targets, reducing opportunities for development and growth, the structure is still way too top heavy and Senior Management does little to contribute to performance and growth. Cutting retirement -ECAP is and will have negative impacts on the morale fo years to come. Our labor rates are still high but now we have sub par employees with no experience, little training and no leadership - trying to do a good job but ill equipped. The move toward "butts in seats" instead of qualified consultants is harming the Booz Allen brand and will tank our image and reputation.

Cut the fat at the Senior Management levels - they are not performing and you are hurting your more junior staff with the 100% billability targets. We are too expensive because we have too may Principles, VPs etc. not because Levels 1-4 weren't working hard enough. Pass on "butts in seats" type of contracts unless we can really add value. Get back to our consulting roots and be different than the other beltway bandits by getting good people and keeping them with superior benefits and engagement.

2236 Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton (View Most Recent)

Focused Salesmen on bottom line

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Booz Allen has a great network and resource system. They're able to draw on expertise from all facets of the company.

Cons

It is a very political employee management system. I've seen managers who have all of their staff complain about unprofessionalism and conflict but because this person was a friend of higher management, they received an bonus during their annual review. They preach a fair "360" review system, but it's not. Unless you know how to play the political game, you will not move ahead in this company. This is true even if your work is considered stellar.

Start appreciating your client facing staff.

Great company for people interested in mission oriented consulting.

Current Employee - Associate in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Associate in Washington, DC

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than an year)

Pros

mission driven work, great work-life balance.

Cons

So far there are no downsides to working at Booz Allen.

There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton