There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Work with smart people who do quality work

Former Employee - Associate  in  Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Associate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than a year

Pros

Your co-workers and managers are very smart and dedicated
Clients and work are interesting and meaningful
Many opportunities for "connecting" with co-workers outside of client engagements
Mentoring at all levels is encouraged and practiced

Cons

If you want to advance, expect long hours (typical of any company in management consulting). However, if you are happy at your level, work life balance is respected by managers (no "up or out" mentality).
Everyone is expected to be billable, even as you advance in management responsibility. At some point this is more distracting than helpful.

Keep up the good work!

2127 Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton (View Most Recent)

Great place to start a career

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton

Pros

Booz Allen Hamilton has many great work locations throughout the United States and has a fairly competitive compensation and benefits package.

Cons

As with many other publicly traded companies, there has been an increased shift away from employee welfare and a greater focus on share price.

A once great company that has been decimated by a series of bad decisions

Former Employee - Lead Associate  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Lead Associate in Washington, DC

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I spent over 8 years at Booz Allen and learned a lot. I had a fantastic manager who worked with me to ensure I maximized my learning opportunities. I have always said that a year at Booz Allen is like 3 years in a masters program / MBA - I learned a tremendous amount in the time I worked there.

Cons

For as great as my local management was, my future was tied to the pyramid system of marketing to different clients. If my clients budget was growing I had promotion opportunities, if it was shrinking then I had no hope. There is a lot of talk about cross-pollination between client teams and markets, but in my experience I did not see it happen as often as it should have.

Study your competitors and try NOT to repeat their mistakes. With the Carlyle buy-out you've started down a path of becoming a "Lockheed Martin" and I think you've ruined the corporate culture because of it.

There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!