Booz Allen Hamilton

www.boozallen.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

It's okay...but not what it used to be

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, competitive pay, not as strict in their career models as other consulting companies, great projects

Cons

I wasn't here before the firm went public and also solely became a Federal consulting company so I can't say how much greater it was, but coworkers are constantly telling me how it was better back in its heyday.

My biggest complaint would be that they seem to keep hiring when availability of current projects is quite small--in essence stop hiring so much on overhead and take care of existing employees. I know many people who are trying to get out.

2335 Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton (View Most Recent)

Overall positive experience, but have experienced a decline with too many organizational
    changes in the last 2 years.

Current Employee - Lead Associate
    Current Employee - Lead Associate

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Booz Allen has great flexible working arrangements if your role/job allows it. The people are great to work with. There are opportunities to volunteer in the community through Booz Allen.

Cons

Booz Allen's promotion and growth opportunities are now limited, and are no longer different from our competitors as benefits have declined and consultants are not carried for longer than two weeks when a contract is lost or not an extended.

Reconsider the decision to go Public.

Focused Salesmen on bottom line

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Booz Allen has a great network and resource system. They're able to draw on expertise from all facets of the company.

Cons

It is a very political employee management system. I've seen managers who have all of their staff complain about unprofessionalism and conflict but because this person was a friend of higher management, they received an bonus during their annual review. They preach a fair "360" review system, but it's not. Unless you know how to play the political game, you will not move ahead in this company. This is true even if your work is considered stellar.

Start appreciating your client facing staff.

There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton