Booz Allen Hamilton
3.4 of 5 1,905 reviews
www.boozallen.com McLean, VA 5000+ Employees

1905 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

It's okay...but not what it used to be

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat benefits, competitive pay, not as strict in their career models as other consulting companies, great projects

ConsI wasn't here before the firm went public and also solely became a Federal consulting company so I can't say how much greater it was, but coworkers are constantly telling me how it was better back in its heyday.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy biggest complaint would be that they seem to keep hiring when availability of current projects is quite small--in essence stop hiring so much on overhead and take care of existing employees. I know many people who are trying to get out.

Overall positive experience, but have experienced a decline with too many organizational changes in the last 2 years.

Lead Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Booz Allen has great flexible working arrangements if your role/job allows it. The people are… Cons: Booz Allen's promotion and growth opportunities are now limited, and are no longer different from our competitors as benefits have… Advice to Senior Management: Reconsider the decision to go Public. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

No career support and no effort to place in a position for career growth

Senior Consultant (Former Employee)
Washington, DC

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than a year

Pros: Pretty good compensation package and location is good Cons: Bias career managers, support the client only, no work/life balance Advice to Senior Management: To choose better career manager that care about their team… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Booz Allen Hamilton.

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Booz Allen Hamilton reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Booz Allen Hamilton CEO Ralph W. Shrader. All reviews posted anonymously by Booz Allen Hamilton employees.