Booz Allen Hamilton

www.boozallen.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

A once great company that has been decimated by a series of bad decisions

Former Employee - Lead Associate in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Lead Associate in Washington, DC

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I spent over 8 years at Booz Allen and learned a lot. I had a fantastic manager who worked with me to ensure I maximized my learning opportunities. I have always said that a year at Booz Allen is like 3 years in a masters program / MBA - I learned a tremendous amount in the time I worked there.

Cons

For as great as my local management was, my future was tied to the pyramid system of marketing to different clients. If my clients budget was growing I had promotion opportunities, if it was shrinking then I had no hope. There is a lot of talk about cross-pollination between client teams and markets, but in my experience I did not see it happen as often as it should have.

Study your competitors and try NOT to repeat their mistakes. With the Carlyle buy-out you've started down a path of becoming a "Lockheed Martin" and I think you've ruined the corporate culture because of it.

2330 Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton (View Most Recent)

Great place to start a career

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton

Pros

Booz Allen Hamilton has many great work locations throughout the United States and has a fairly competitive compensation and benefits package.

Cons

As with many other publicly traded companies, there has been an increased shift away from employee welfare and a greater focus on share price.

Better than most, great benefits

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great medical, dental, vision and educational benefits. Great network of intellectual capital. Great for working mothers.

Cons

Contract work is getting harder to keep employees. Not as much room for raises and promotions aymore. Pay is lower than a lot of other consulting firms and isn't based on skills or qualifications most the time.

Pay attention to how the experienced professionals are promoted compared to those that start as an intern. Often those who come in at a mid level are promoted much slower than those who come in from college which causes animosity in the work place.

There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton