Booz Allen Hamilton

www.boozallen.com

2039 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Investment in their Employees

Associate (Current Employee) McLean, VA

ProsNo company is perfect but Booz Allen is an excellent place for those looking to establish a 30 year long career at one place or for those looking to gain valuable experience before continuing somewhere else. The company invests in their employees by contributing to individual 401k's, paying for certifications / school, and providing time to manage both your professional and personal life. In the DC Metro area, those who aren't on client site can work at the office closest to where they live - nice on the wallet when it comes to gas money.

ConsThe industry is tough right now... Fiscal constraints, doing more with less, etc has made clients and the work environment much more stressful. The company is changing rapidly to meet these demands which makes life tough sometimes.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to "boots on the ground" staff more often. Change is good but too much change can be detrimental - make sure the change is critical for the future before considering change.

Never Get Rich...Only Headaches

Associate (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Client facing is probably more appreciated and better compensated during annual assessment. Non-client facing employees can usually work from home or remotely elsewhere. My… Cons: Non-client facing employees: Over worked/understaffed. Annual assessment "Exceeds" get 2%. Current disparity between salary and market salary 20%-30% with 20+ yrs experience. Declining benifits. Laptop sign-on… Advice to Senior Management: Appreciate those that do the work. Fairly reward employees at least allowing for inflation. Promote & pay for skills/knowledge improvement only possible from external seminars/conference/training.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

A good company that's lost it's way

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: There are some really smart, engaged people at Booz Allen, some really good work… Cons: The firm has completely removed its focus on the workforce and placed it on revenue and profit. This was not always the case, but… Advice to Senior Management: help! you're losing some of your best people. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Booz Allen Hamilton.

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!