There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Best employer to work for if you're looking for work-life balance and commitment to employee satisfaction

Former Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Rockville, MD
Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Rockville, MD

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They truly value work-life balance, and the well-being of their employees! I so much as sneezed, and they would send me home and ask that I rest to make sure I didn't get sick! They also really respect and value your time as a person, and will rarely ask you to work weekends or after hours except potentially during client deliverable periods or quick turnaround pursuits/proposal efforts.

Cons

There weren't many opportunities for cross-functional or cross-team collaboration. If you are interested in getting exposure to a variety of clients and project types, Booz may not be the best place. People are typically assigned to a single project or account team (e.g. the CMS market) and you rarely get to join projects outside of your team. It's great if you want to develop SME in a particular area (e.g. federal health policy, regulatory affairs), but not if you want a diverse set of experiences in terms of client interactions and engagements.

Management is great! The only advice I would give is to maintain regular touchpoints with your staff and provide more assistance in finding them career opportunities and staffing.

2155 Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton (View Most Recent)

Been with the company over 12 years - very ethical & professional.

Current Employee - Senior Associate  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Washington, DC

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Very well respected company amongst an ocean of competitors. Good focus on strategy, communications internally - and - client satisfaction externally. They take their ethical values seriously. Nice mix of experience too; from recent college grads through retired military.

Cons

They have grown quite a bit since I joined and the infrastructure (internal IT systems, help desk, etc.) are straining a bit under the load. They are well aware and sensitive to affect on client support, but it still hurts at times.

Great job - keep up the communications and please get a handle on the IT infrastructure.

Good company

Current Employee - Lead Associate
    Current Employee - Lead Associate

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton part-time

Pros

Great opportunity to work with very talented people.

Cons

Currently undergoing a lot of transition

There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!