There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Best employer to work for if you're looking for work-life balance and commitment to employee satisfaction

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Rockville, MD
Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Rockville, MD

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They truly value work-life balance, and the well-being of their employees! I so much as sneezed, and they would send me home and ask that I rest to make sure I didn't get sick! They also really respect and value your time as a person, and will rarely ask you to work weekends or after hours except potentially during client deliverable periods or quick turnaround pursuits/proposal efforts.

Cons

There weren't many opportunities for cross-functional or cross-team collaboration. If you are interested in getting exposure to a variety of clients and project types, Booz may not be the best place. People are typically assigned to a single project or account team (e.g. the CMS market) and you rarely get to join projects outside of your team. It's great if you want to develop SME in a particular area (e.g. federal health policy, regulatory affairs), but not if you want a diverse set of experiences in terms of client interactions and engagements.

Advice to Management

Management is great! The only advice I would give is to maintain regular touchpoints with your staff and provide more assistance in finding them career opportunities and staffing.

Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

1. Good company

Current Employee - Lead Associate
    Current Employee - Lead Associate

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton part-time

Pros

Great opportunity to work with very talented people.

Cons

Currently undergoing a lot of transition

2. Very Professional, employee security focused firm

Current Employee - Associate in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Associate in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Security appears to be a prime focus of the firm, with a commitment to staff development and loyalty. Core Values embody the atmosphere of partnership and professionalism.

Cons

This area requires a twenty word minimum to qualify the review as complete - therefore I am long winded in saying that I do not yet have any negative impressions of Booz Allen Hamilton