There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Been with the company over 12 years - very ethical & professional.

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Senior Associate in Washington, DC

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Very well respected company amongst an ocean of competitors. Good focus on strategy, communications internally - and - client satisfaction externally. They take their ethical values seriously. Nice mix of experience too; from recent college grads through retired military.

Cons

They have grown quite a bit since I joined and the infrastructure (internal IT systems, help desk, etc.) are straining a bit under the load. They are well aware and sensitive to affect on client support, but it still hurts at times.

Great job - keep up the communications and please get a handle on the IT infrastructure.

2185 Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton (View Most Recent)

Best employer to work for if you're looking for work-life balance and commitment to employee satisfaction

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Rockville, MD

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They truly value work-life balance, and the well-being of their employees! I so much as sneezed, and they would send me home and ask that I rest to make sure I didn't get sick! They also really respect and value your time as a person, and will rarely ask you to work weekends or after hours except potentially during client deliverable periods or quick turnaround pursuits/proposal efforts.

Cons

There weren't many opportunities for cross-functional or cross-team collaboration. If you are interested in getting exposure to a variety of clients and project types, Booz may not be the best place. People are typically assigned to a single project or account team (e.g. the CMS market) and you rarely get to join projects outside of your team. It's great if you want to develop SME in a particular area (e.g. federal health policy, regulatory affairs), but not if you want a diverse set of experiences in terms of client interactions and engagements.

Management is great! The only advice I would give is to maintain regular touchpoints with your staff and provide more assistance in finding them career opportunities and staffing.

Dynamic group of professionals!

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time

Pros

Values professional development for it's employees.

Cons

Portfolio heavily dependent on federal government.

Increase efforts to diversify portfolio to carry the company through tough political climates.

There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton