There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Been with the company over 12 years - very ethical & professional.

Current Employee - Senior Associate  in  Washington, DC
Current Employee - Senior Associate in Washington, DC

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Very well respected company amongst an ocean of competitors. Good focus on strategy, communications internally - and - client satisfaction externally. They take their ethical values seriously. Nice mix of experience too; from recent college grads through retired military.

Cons

They have grown quite a bit since I joined and the infrastructure (internal IT systems, help desk, etc.) are straining a bit under the load. They are well aware and sensitive to affect on client support, but it still hurts at times.

Great job - keep up the communications and please get a handle on the IT infrastructure.

2154 Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton (View Most Recent)

Best employer to work for if you're looking for work-life balance and commitment to employee satisfaction

Former Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Rockville, MD

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They truly value work-life balance, and the well-being of their employees! I so much as sneezed, and they would send me home and ask that I rest to make sure I didn't get sick! They also really respect and value your time as a person, and will rarely ask you to work weekends or after hours except potentially during client deliverable periods or quick turnaround pursuits/proposal efforts.

Cons

There weren't many opportunities for cross-functional or cross-team collaboration. If you are interested in getting exposure to a variety of clients and project types, Booz may not be the best place. People are typically assigned to a single project or account team (e.g. the CMS market) and you rarely get to join projects outside of your team. It's great if you want to develop SME in a particular area (e.g. federal health policy, regulatory affairs), but not if you want a diverse set of experiences in terms of client interactions and engagements.

Management is great! The only advice I would give is to maintain regular touchpoints with your staff and provide more assistance in finding them career opportunities and staffing.

Good company

Current Employee - Lead Associate
    Current Employee - Lead Associate

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton part-time

Pros

Great opportunity to work with very talented people.

Cons

Currently undergoing a lot of transition

There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!