There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Good Company

Former Employee - Security Specialist
Former Employee - Security Specialist

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Lots of communication from the Company
Excellent pay and benefits

Cons

Sometimes entirely too much communication from the company
Spent too much time on requirements that the company wanted an not what the client wanted
Spent way to much time writing assessments an reports for the company

Find a way to streamline the assessment process, and, don't ask the employee to do as much after they have been pulled out from the client site to deal with Booz Allen issues (meeting, classes, etc.)

reviews filtered by
  1. Professionals

Current Employee - Senior Facility Planner
    Current Employee - Senior Facility Planner

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Care about employees, Professional reputation

Cons

The life of a contractor requires you at times to find a new contract to join in order to remain employees.

Share knowledge of how to navigate the BAH system.

2. Best employer to work for if you're looking for work-life balance and commitment to employee satisfaction

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Rockville, MD

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They truly value work-life balance, and the well-being of their employees! I so much as sneezed, and they would send me home and ask that I rest to make sure I didn't get sick! They also really respect and value your time as a person, and will rarely ask you to work weekends or after hours except potentially during client deliverable periods or quick turnaround pursuits/proposal efforts.

Cons

There weren't many opportunities for cross-functional or cross-team collaboration. If you are interested in getting exposure to a variety of clients and project types, Booz may not be the best place. People are typically assigned to a single project or account team (e.g. the CMS market) and you rarely get to join projects outside of your team. It's great if you want to develop SME in a particular area (e.g. federal health policy, regulatory affairs), but not if you want a diverse set of experiences in terms of client interactions and engagements.

Management is great! The only advice I would give is to maintain regular touchpoints with your staff and provide more assistance in finding them career opportunities and staffing.

There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton