There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Slow to evolve to a changing market

Current Employee - Network Security Engineer in Fort Belvoir, VA
Current Employee - Network Security Engineer in Fort Belvoir, VA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They do everything, if you want a job making buggy whips, you can find it here

Cons

So the buggy whip department isn't making a whole lot of money. That means that even if you work in the highly profitable field of network security, you will be expected to subsidize the unprofitable sections rather than receive raises at a rate commensurate to your performance.

Downsize areas of business that are no longer profitable, Incentivize Senior Associates to create labor cyber security. Stop cutting benefits, you'll lose your best people.

2194 Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton (View Most Recent)

Great challenges, co-workers, and flexibility

Current Employee - Lead Associate in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Lead Associate in McLean, VA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I've been with Booz for 7 years and the experiences I've had are amazing. Being a highly technical engineer, it's a place to be the engineer that has soft skills....a rare talent to have. The people are the best and brightest of all fields. You work amongst the cream of the crop and I'd you have initiative, don't expect to have things handed to you, you have the opportunity to learn . They have tons of social outlets and clubs, so I've also personally made some lifelong friends..

Cons

The form us ahead of comparable companies and changing the business model and beginning a company that makes things. Mgt has no idea how to manage that kind of revenue or business...it's basically a big initiating cluster. We can't be innovative when the innovation is being run by a bunch of old men who have never worked outside Booz Allen. We are bleeding staff because of this. If a great new challenge appeared I'd probably jump. I'm already actively looking, but at 7 great years - its about time.

Get more junior innovative principals and vp level managers. You're a self licking ice cream cone right now. We need fresh leadership and not a reorg.

Current BAH employee

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton

Pros

Good Benefits, Good on the resume, great experience

Cons

A lot of negative changes in the past 18 months

There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton