There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Great environment with great potential of personal growth

Current Intern - Intern - Hourly in Herndon, VA
Current Intern - Intern - Hourly in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The company, and very specifically my team, did an amazing job to ensure that I grew as an individual within the team instead of just making me do remedial tasks on the daily. I learned more within my 10 weeks at BAH than I did in a semester at school.

Cons

There weren't many social events tailored to interns for the most part.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Review

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Met smart, experienced co-workers and mentors.

Cons

The company does not value integrity or capability. If stuck with management that has no interest in developing or helping you, there isn't much space to get promoted or to move to another team despite excellent work or efforts. The only option would be to leave the company.

Advice to Management

To hold mid-management more accountable for development of the employees below them. Figure out ways that ensure your employees are giving the best to your clients - that's the recipe for long-term success and a good reputation.

Great challenges, co-workers, and flexibility

Current Employee - Lead Associate in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Lead Associate in McLean, VA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been with Booz for 7 years and the experiences I've had are amazing. Being a highly technical engineer, it's a place to be the engineer that has soft skills....a rare talent to have. The people are the best and brightest of all fields. You work amongst the cream of the crop and I'd you have initiative, don't expect to have things handed to you, you have the opportunity to learn . They have tons of social outlets and clubs, so I've also personally made some lifelong friends..

Cons

The form us ahead of comparable companies and changing the business model and beginning a company that makes things. Mgt has no idea how to manage that kind of revenue or business...it's basically a big initiating cluster. We can't be innovative when the innovation is being run by a bunch of old men who have never worked outside Booz Allen. We are bleeding staff because of this. If a great new challenge appeared I'd probably jump. I'm already actively looking, but at 7 great years - its about time.

Advice to Management

Get more junior innovative principals and vp level managers. You're a self licking ice cream cone right now. We need fresh leadership and not a reorg.