There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

What you get out of BAH depends on what you put in

Current Employee - Systems Engineer Associate  in  Eatontown, NJ
Current Employee - Systems Engineer Associate in Eatontown, NJ

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton

Pros

I'm always proud to say I work for Booz Allen. In my 2 years working at BAH I have had very good experiences and at time when most companies are laying people off and cancelling holiday parties BAH is still going strong. I find that the morale is usually high and my BAH collegues are all high achievers. I like the 360 degree review process, where not only your supervisor reviews you but also your collegues and clients. We are also evaluated on how we give back to the company (although some may think this is a con, because it would require them to do things outside their normal work day). I have always been a believer that what you get out of something depends on what you put into it....and this is exactly what BAH is about. BAH gives the opportunity for an employee to name their own price, to name their own level.

Cons

Booz Allen is not for everyone. There is a certain "fit" for Booz Allen. From what I've seen, people who don't fit in with the core values of the company tend not to have a very good experience. Employees that do well here usually like a challenging work environment and like to participate in the extra-curricular work and activities, social networking events, brown bag lunches, training opportunities...etc

The leadership I have grown to know has been very motivating.

2129 Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton (View Most Recent)

Not a bad place to work

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton

Pros

Provides employees flexibility to move around to different positions within the firm. Profit sharing / 401K is good. Good job security. If you are self motivated then promotions are possible. The requirements for being promoted to the next level are for the most part spelled out clearly.

Cons

Not everyone feels comfortable with the Booz business culture. Some people, particularly those only interested in technical work, may feel out of place. Promotions above Associate (Level 3) are not possible unless you demonstrate that you are generating substantial business profits for the firm.

Don't go public - it didn't work before and it won't work now. Modification of the promotion criteria would be nice.

Very Satisfied....a realist view (Organization and Strategy Team - Organization and Human Capital)

Current Employee - Consultant I  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Consultant I in Washington, DC

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton

Pros

- All my managers have been top quality - intelligent, competent, and supportive of my career growth
     - Challenging work
     - Quality team members
     - Work/life balance - 40 hr weeks
     - Lots of opps to get involved (social networks, COPs)
     - Training opportunities and resources (a lot of company money is invested in training people)

Cons

- Benefits of good project managers, location of work, quality team members, and functional clients is very much dependent on the project you are staffed
     - Recently ( 4/09) Consultant 1's are now overtime eligible - but overtime is not encouraged
     - It an take a significant amount of time to develop the competencies necessary for advancement (which is the basis for our 360 degree performance management system)
     - No library for corporate or academic research
     - No dedicated team for proposal work (all proposal work falls on consultants who are already 100% billable)

Provide staff with 100% tuition reimbursement and stock options (if/when BAH ever goes public)

There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!