Booz Allen Hamilton

www.boozallen.com

2052 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Not for the faint hearted. Waste of time

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsMeet a few decent people

ConsNepotism
Favoritism
Unethical
Poor management particularly with career and reporting managers who rule with an iron fist. If you are assigned to a bad manager; you will not develop in your career or be promoted.
The firm purports to having a "networking system" through which you are able to find billable work. Its not true if you are under a poor manager. Managers shut employees down when they try to network with senior staff.
Very caustic work environment. Its very stuffy in here. Lack of teamwork.Its a man eat man environment. Everyone tries to cover their tracks. Do not be surprised if you get rolled off a project almost immediately after you got started.
Most good people have left. The few who are left are constantly looking to get out.
Project work is not challenging and is very admin focused which anyone can do.
Unable to grow in career path. Not much reimbursement to take courses or classes.
Finding billable work is getting harder everyday.You will be let go in a heart beat if you cannot find a billable project.
If you are looking for a new position; please take on a position elsewhere before you consider this company. All the reviews on indeed, glass door and career bliss are not objective. You will be better served applying elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is completely clueless as to what actually goes on within the firm. There are too many layers. Get rid of lead associates they are absolutely unnecessary. The firm seems to ignore employee complaints. They act like they take issues seriously, but its all a smoke screen.Managers easily stifle staff development and do not support employee growth in their careers. If your manager does not like you; they will work hard to get rid of you. I stopped referring anyone to this firm. Too many employees do not like the work environment. Its getting a pretty bad reputation in the metro DC area. I would encourage Schrader to get into the lower levels of the firm to get first hand info from employees. I am sure he will be surprised to know that he has very many dissatisfied employees. Its only a matter of time before this firm tanks leaving many employees jobless. The government is cutting back on its budgets and the firm is heavily dependent on government contracts particularly in the defense market. The firm is not globally competitive. The firm cannot compete with Deloitte and Accenture who have a global reach in almost every continent. Booz is a back bencher.The firm often prices itself out when it bids and has lost many potential projects. It almost like something catastrophic needs to happen to get your attention. I will not be surprised if I hear this firm does not exist in the near future.

Senior Manager who has supported multiple markets and clients

Senior Manager (Current Employee) McLean, VA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Long proud history - 100 years - of supporting clients.… Cons: Staff work in fear of lack of work letters and the firm is more a contracting rather than consulting. Senior leadership individually try to… Advice to Senior Management: The Senior Vice Presidents need to step up and start leading the institution. Also - outside Principal… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Interesting

Senior Management Consultant (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Teamwork and prospects were excellent. Cons: Hired the wrong people, who embarrassed the company. Advice to Senior Management: Conduct proper background checks and educated further. More

There are newer reviews on Booz Allen Hamilton.

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!