Booz Allen Hamilton

www.boozallen.com
  www.boozallen.com
There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Lead Associate, Project Manager, managing others and leading projects.

Former Employee - Lead Associate in McLean, VA
Former Employee - Lead Associate in McLean, VA

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than an year)

Pros

BAH is a very collaborative environment, instead of being competitive internally. I learned more there in 1.5 years than at IBM in 3 years. We mentored each other to be better consultants, and it made for a more integrated team, grew jr level consultants to more experienced, senior consultants, and fostered a comfort level within the team. They reward high achievers and hard workers with not only public recognition, but also small rewards that really help motivate employees.

Cons

In order to advance, extra hours are the norm. You will be doing 100% full time work, plus contributing to the company in your spare time by participating in internal projects or proposals, which is not uncommon in a large company like this. It does cause a bit of an problem in the work/life balance, so you just need to manage expectations and time according to how much you can contribute. I only left there for a position that would allow me, a single mom, a little more time to properly raise my 10yo. But I would go back there in a heartbeat. The pay was amazing and I worked in a great group of people. Fantastic company!

Perhaps find a way to distribute the other obligations within the company a little better so the high-performers don't spread themselves too thin.

2245 Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton (View Most Recent)

Great place to work overall

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton

Pros

Opportunities to work on different projects and learn about a variety of things in a short amount of time
    Training provided, as well as cost for attending conferences
    Grow your career as you want to

Cons

Long hours
    Business development work required to move up the ladder; can end up working 60 hour weeks during proposal season
    Bonuses do no start until the Senior Associate level

Great company that went a little crazy during the IPO process.

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton

Pros

Great company, great benefits. If you are on an "in" team, you can really move up the corporate ladder.

Cons

The company went a little overboard during the IPO process, but I believe has stabilized some. If your supervisor isn't well respected, it can lead to difficulties with your career as well.

Don't label individuals on a team based only on what you think of the team itself.

There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton