Booz Allen Hamilton

www.boozallen.com

2037 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Great post-military firm to get your civilian career started

Associate (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsAfter 10 years in the Army, Booz Allen helped me tremendously in getting my civilian career started. The firm is heavy with military vets who are more then willing to help show you the way. The human capital here is incredible. Some of the smartest people I've ever met work here at Booz Allen. Depending on what your professional background is, you will get to work on some interesting and very dynamic projects.

ConsThe boom years of government contracting is over. The firm being bought by Carlye Group has brought about changes to the firm. Pay is so-so. Compensation is more there to help with inflation. I have seen the firm lose incredible talent due to compensation issues. We need more, stronger leadership at the Associate and Lead Associate levels.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe need to get more work with private industry. The government shutdown we just went through exposed the vulnerability of our over-reliance on government as a client. We need to diversify our work and we have to do it with a sense of urgency. And start adding higher compensation to your rank-and-file consultants if you want them and their knowledge/experience to stay in the firm.

Conflicted

Associate (Current Employee) Dulles, VA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than a year

Pros: Changes to align with market. Cons: Changes to align with market. Lack of knowledge management. Advice to Senior Management: Get organized. More visibility. Changes for your employees should include… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good opportunities, really changed after IPO, heading towards body shop

Associate (Former Employee) Washington, DC

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than a year

Pros: The benefits are amazing. There are some amazing folks who are working there and are helpful to your career (BAH and beyond), but… Cons: There are a lot of opportunities around the company, but once you are on a project and the client likes you, you will not be… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your employees. If you want to keep folks,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Booz Allen Hamilton.

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!