Booz Allen Hamilton

There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

BoozAllen

Current Employee - Security Engineer in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Security Engineer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Booz Allen Hamilton provides pretty good Benefits to the employees with degree certifications experience and clearances.

Cons

Booz Allen Hamilton provides salaries are nothing to brag about, other companies are more competitive than Booz Allen such as GD and NG.

Take care of your people or they will leave.

2243 Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton (View Most Recent)

Tough times for government contractors

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Solid work life balance, name brand company

Cons

declining and awkward culture with employees "hoteling" vice having there own office space. lack of direction in light of government slowdown in contract work

come to terms with the fact that Booz in no longer a firm with unique intellectual capital, they are a corporation and only seek to maximize shareholder value (aka Carlyle group)

Great post-military firm to get your civilian career started

Current Employee - Associate in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Associate in Washington, DC

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

After 10 years in the Army, Booz Allen helped me tremendously in getting my civilian career started. The firm is heavy with military vets who are more then willing to help show you the way. The human capital here is incredible. Some of the smartest people I've ever met work here at Booz Allen. Depending on what your professional background is, you will get to work on some interesting and very dynamic projects.

Cons

The boom years of government contracting is over. The firm being bought by Carlye Group has brought about changes to the firm. Pay is so-so. Compensation is more there to help with inflation. I have seen the firm lose incredible talent due to compensation issues. We need more, stronger leadership at the Associate and Lead Associate levels.

We need to get more work with private industry. The government shutdown we just went through exposed the vulnerability of our over-reliance on government as a client. We need to diversify our work and we have to do it with a sense of urgency. And start adding higher compensation to your rank-and-file consultants if you want them and their knowledge/experience to stay in the firm.

There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton