A good place to work

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Work/Life attitude. Easy access to upper management. Very interesting work. Able to work from home when situation allowed it.

Cons

Government contractor. Contracts come and go and so do the people.

Advice to Management

Instead of loading new people on new programs, manage the people you currently have more effectively

Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Lead Associate, Project Manager, managing others and leading projects.

Former Employee - Lead Associate in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Lead Associate in McLean, VA

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

BAH is a very collaborative environment, instead of being competitive internally. I learned more there in 1.5 years than at IBM in 3 years. We mentored each other to be better consultants, and it made for a more integrated team, grew jr level consultants to more experienced, senior consultants, and fostered a comfort level within the team. They reward high achievers and hard workers with not only public recognition, but also small rewards that really help motivate employees.

Cons

In order to advance, extra hours are the norm. You will be doing 100% full time work, plus contributing to the company in your spare time by participating in internal projects or proposals, which is not uncommon in a large company like this. It does cause a bit of an problem in the work/life balance, so you just need to manage expectations and time according to how much you can contribute. I only left there for a position that would allow me, a single mom, a little more time to properly raise my 10yo. But I would go back there in a heartbeat. The pay was amazing and I worked in a great group of people. Fantastic company!

Advice to Management

Perhaps find a way to distribute the other obligations within the company a little better so the high-performers don't spread themselves too thin.

Booz Allen is a great place to start a career

Current Employee - Associate in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Associate in Washington, DC

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunity to get Federal Government Experience Working with some of the sharpest people in the area Flexible when on a contract that flexible

Cons

Same as all consulting...priority is to be staffed...then career goals are second Government as a client can sometimes be difficult