Booz Allen Hamilton

www.boozallen.com

A good place to work

Pros

Good Work/Life attitude. Easy access to upper management. Very interesting work. Able to work from home when situation allowed it.

Cons

Government contractor. Contracts come and go and so do the people.

Instead of loading new people on new programs, manage the people you currently have more effectively

Other reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Good in the beginning, got shaky at the end

Former Employee - Associate  in  Herndon, VA
    Former Employee - Associate in Herndon, VA

Pros

Fun, exciting, lots of people around to talk to, good training, happy employees, good benefits in the beginning, many locations

Cons

Two-faced managers, stress, bad hours during proposals, long commute, have to deal with govies, snobby people with MBAs

Lead Associate, Project Manager, managing others and leading projects.

Former Employee - Lead Associate  in  McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Lead Associate in McLean, VA

Pros

BAH is a very collaborative environment, instead of being competitive internally. I learned more there in 1.5 years than at IBM in 3 years. We mentored each other to be better consultants, and it made for a more integrated team, grew jr level consultants to more experienced, senior consultants, and fostered a comfort level within the team. They reward high achievers and hard workers with not only public recognition, but also small rewards that really help motivate employees.

Cons

In order to advance, extra hours are the norm. You will be doing 100% full time work, plus contributing to the company in your spare time by participating in internal projects or proposals, which is not uncommon in a large company like this. It does cause a bit of an problem in the work/life balance, so you just need to manage expectations and time according to how much you can contribute. I only left there for a position that would allow me, a single mom, a little more time to properly raise my 10yo. But I would go back there in a heartbeat. The pay was amazing and I worked in a great group of people. Fantastic company!

Perhaps find a way to distribute the other obligations within the company a little better so the high-performers don't spread themselves too thin.

There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton.

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!