There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

wonderful company with very strong values

Current Employee - Logistics Analyst in Herndon, VA
Current Employee - Logistics Analyst in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than an year)

Pros

highly rewarding career opportunities for those either looking to start their career, or a rewarding change of pace for those who may be mid-career and are looking for something a little different than the same old, same old

Cons

adaptability is as vital as breathing. if it's not your strong suit, make it one before considering ANY employment offer

while greater compensation is always nice to have, it's more critical to have quality of life benefits such as flexible time scheduling as necessary

2181 Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton (View Most Recent)

Booz Allen has provided a challenging environment with room for my career to grow.

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pretty good benefits, senior leadership that care about career development of their subordinates (based on my experience), and friendly teleworking policies.

Cons

Government contracting so if you aren't fortunate to be on a stable project, it can be stressful to find another project sometimes if you don't have the connections or you're not technical (straight to the point - technical positions are more needed, sorry functional folk). Also, once you get the more senior level, it seems that it is much more cutthroat with regards to career advancement.

Take care of your junior employees. Invest time in them and they will reward you with solid work and successful, working projects.

Massive boost for my career!

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton

Pros

Booz Allen is amazing if you have drive an ambitions. I was given amazing opportunity to define myself and working with cutting edge technology.

Cons

I was on a contract that was underfunded and understaffed. I was working 14 hours a day 5 days a week on my last project to keep up, and I was salary.

I've noticed that all contracts were feast for famine. I either had to much to nothing to do. Better balance is needed. Also be careful about putting people without the right skill sets onto a project. It looks bad for everyone.

There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton