There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Needs to become a Learning Organization!!!

Former Employee - Associate in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Associate in Washington, DC

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Prestige, Networking, Salary, and Benefits

Cons

Minimal lateral job opportunities, lack of professional development to meet market changes, employee billability status and profit focus, lack of true and sincere mentorship

Focus more on your people's future withing the Firm, develop them for leadership positions and stop looking at them just as billable assets to sustain profitability

2185 Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton (View Most Recent)

Work you to death, then spit you out...

Current Employee - Human Resource Assistant in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Human Resource Assistant in McLean, VA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay, paid lunches, holiday party, work from home.

Cons

Team manager expects you to work 100+ hours. Do not treat consultants/contractors as part of the team. Spit you out as soon as they have all that they need from you. No loyalty to employees.

Be honest with your contractor staff. If you do not intend on keeping them there more than a year, then that needs to be noted. Not to keep the 'regular, full-time" status dangling in front of contractors like a carrot, only to let them go with no notice, except not having your badge work to get into the building.

Massive boost for my career!

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton

Pros

Booz Allen is amazing if you have drive an ambitions. I was given amazing opportunity to define myself and working with cutting edge technology.

Cons

I was on a contract that was underfunded and understaffed. I was working 14 hours a day 5 days a week on my last project to keep up, and I was salary.

I've noticed that all contracts were feast for famine. I either had to much to nothing to do. Better balance is needed. Also be careful about putting people without the right skill sets onto a project. It looks bad for everyone.

There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton