A great place to work

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Herndon, VA
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Herndon, VA

Pros

Work-life balance is excellent. Training opportunities are great. Benefits are excellent. Management seem to know how to manage the firm through down turns in the economy.

Cons

Assessment process doesn't seem fair. Promotion from Associate to Senior Associate is tough. Salary compensation doesn't seem to reflect level of education and years of experience.

Advice to Management

How employees are assessed needs further review. Expecting employees to play multiple roles is understandable but should not be used against them in assessments.

Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

1. Great Work, Life Balance!!!

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Aberdeen, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Aberdeen, MD

Pros

Great Work, Life Balance!!! Friendly Work Environment!!! Great Teleworking (if you have an internet connection you can work from anywhere)!!!

Cons

Advancement to higher level Management is slow!!! Slow Pace Government type work!!!

Advice to Management

Keep of the Great Work!!!

2. Incredible Veteran Support

Current Employee - Associate in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Associate in Washington, DC

Pros

I'm posting this review to specifically address the incredible support I received from BAH during my current deployment to Iraq. Not only does the Salary Continuation Program pay me the difference between my Army base pay and my BAH salary, I also continued to accrue paid time off for the first six months of my deployment. Now that I'm getting ready to come home, the support from our HR management has been fantastic, already working on getting me right onto a new contract when I get back. For those still serving, I don't know another firm that is as committed to supporting their employees during their time overseas.

Cons

More pre-deployment counseling about how the process works, both going and coming back would have been very helpful. Getting the information about how I get reintegrated took me a few tries to get nailed down. Once I found the right person, everything was great.

Advice to Management

Keep up the incredible support. This is one employee whose loyalty to the firm has been solidified by this experience.