Booz Allen Hamilton
3.4 of 5 1,906 reviews
www.boozallen.com McLean, VA 5000+ Employees

1906 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

A good but not great place to work

Lead Associate (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than 5 years

ProsStrong culture with emphasis on respect, collegiality, diversity, and productivity. No drama, no yelling, no abusive bosses. Strong focus on development of technical skills, then development of business development skills and strategy. A great place to hone one's professional skills, see how an efficient corporation works, and develop consulting skills. Competitive compensation, especially for junior staff.

ConsBooz can be a very demanding place to work, and very stressful during government proposal season. Life/work balance gets some lip service, but most people who are getting ahead at Booz live for their jobs, and are very focused on doing what is right, pleasing their bosses, and being subservient to clients. I think for most people Booz is not a fun place to work. It can be very serious, cold, and impersonal. With staff dispersed across government client sites it can be very challenging for staff to stay connected to their managers. It is also common within Booz for people to be very hard working but not get recognized for it.

Advice to Senior ManagementBooz is an adaptive organization, but still very much a conventional one. They haven't yet figured out how to embrace the business ethos that has come from Silicone Valley, Apple, Zappos, etc. Booz leadership looks to innovate in the company structure, operations, and service offerings, but they don't spend as much time or effort figuring out how to innovate within the organizational culture--updating the People Model has been a good start, but the firm needs to do much more to make Booz a place that attracts and retains creative, innovative people. Booz is a great place for people who love to make lists, check boxes, navigate bureaucracy,and do what is told to them by their managers, but we do not have an environment that is conducive to unleashing the true creative potential of our people.

Great for youngsters

Associate (Current Employee)
El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than a year

Pros: Culture is geared for recent grads, programs are focused on… Cons: Wages tend to be on the low side, short duration… Advice to Senior Management: Resign. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Team Experience is everything

Senior Consultant Level II (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: This firm is incredibly flexible on work location unless you are tied to a contract that forces… Cons: Depending on what team you are hired into, will determine the experience, types of projects and the work that you… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Booz Allen Hamilton.

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Booz Allen Hamilton reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Booz Allen Hamilton CEO Ralph W. Shrader. All reviews posted anonymously by Booz Allen Hamilton employees.