There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Top heavy and male dominated

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time

Pros

You will not have pressure here if you are looking for a lackadaisical government job. It's the most non competitive consulting environment I've ever been in.

Cons

Top heavy--lots of Project Managers, but most don't know much about what they are managing. It is also a very male dominated boys club and work is slow. If you are looking to move up, you have to be a favorite, and competence isn't taken into consideration, hence you will most likely be training your 'manager'. I have not been impressed. Lack of leadership, and lots of insecurity and attitude because of competence levels. I honestly don't know where my 'manager' is most of the time, or what he 'manages', or if it even matters really. This is not a place to stay too long if you are trying to advance your career by utilizing/gaining actual professional competency. It's frustrating now that I can tell I have more experience than the people working above me. I wish I had researched more about the Atlanta BAH before I took this job. At orientation in DC they make you watch a video, where the CEO emphasizes 'we picked you'. Nice attitude...and actually you didn't, I picked you. I had other opportunities because I actually have technical skills. I will be peacing out very soon, I hope my work ethic and skill set had an opportunity to rub off on some of your 'leadership'.

Advice to Management

I don't really get the impression they want it, even about things I thought I was hired to do?

Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Good Company to Work for

Current Employee - Lead Associate in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Lead Associate in McLean, VA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

the people, management really cares about the people

Cons

99% Government based so it is at the mercy of the ups and downs of gov work

2. Excellent company all around

Former Intern - Software Developer in Columbia, MD
    Former Intern - Software Developer in Columbia, MD

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

-Endless opportunities between locations and projects. -Very flexible work schedule, make your own hours as long as the rest of your team is fine with it.

Cons

-Might be limited in opportunities until you receive a clearance. -Money is very closely tied to the government since they do a lot of government contracting. My pay was reduced because of the sequester.

Advice to Management

None, doing great.