There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Top heavy and male dominated

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time

Pros

You will not have pressure here if you are looking for a lackadaisical government job. It's the most non competitive consulting environment I've ever been in.

Cons

Top heavy--lots of Project Managers, but most don't know much about what they are managing. It is also a very male dominated boys club and work is slow. If you are looking to move up, you have to be a favorite, and competence isn't taken into consideration, hence you will most likely be training your 'manager'. I have not been impressed. Lack of leadership, and lots of insecurity and attitude because of competence levels. I honestly don't know where my 'manager' is most of the time, or what he 'manages', or if it even matters really. This is not a place to stay too long if you are trying to advance your career by utilizing/gaining actual professional competency. It's frustrating now that I can tell I have more experience than the people working above me. I wish I had researched more about the Atlanta BAH before I took this job. At orientation in DC they make you watch a video, where the CEO emphasizes 'we picked you'. Nice attitude...and actually you didn't, I picked you. I had other opportunities because I actually have technical skills. I will be peacing out very soon, I hope my work ethic and skill set had an opportunity to rub off on some of your 'leadership'.

I don't really get the impression they want it, even about things I thought I was hired to do?

2185 Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton (View Most Recent)

Great people, ok work

Current Employee - Associate in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Associate in McLean, VA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Learned a lot from the managers and had opportunity to grow my career

Cons

As the firm got larger the quality of worker went down

Stick with your hiring standards and don't sign up for non-value client work

I had an excellent experience working at Booz Allen.

Former Employee - Lead Associate in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Lead Associate in McLean, VA

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunity to get involved with and support meaningful clients.

Cons

Firm is in transition to reduce overhead and is pushing experienced personnel out of the workforce as it attempts to remain competitive.

Seriously study why people are leaving and seek innovative ways to maintain expertise.

There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton