There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Good job and benefits...no challenge, limited growth

Current Employee - Associate  in  Washington, DC
Current Employee - Associate in Washington, DC

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good benefits...health, profit sharing. Flexibility in schedules, work locations. IT well maintained. Growth if you have strong sponsorship from immediate team.

Cons

No growth unless sponsored directly regardless of network or work quality. Plug in mentality in staffing...just fill the space. Smart people doing menial work just to keep teams billable. Favoritism, nepotism, poorly qualified career managers. The consulting speak has moved inward more than ever before.

Wake up and realize most career managers are ineffective leading to poor professional growth outlook for most staff. With market changes, staff are terrified they will lose their jobs tomorrow and career managers care only for those they are grooming. Minimal opportunities to more than just bill hours....Minimal concern from above. But everyone says the right thing....repeat the mantra and all will be good.

2135 Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton (View Most Recent)

Never shall return

Current Employee - Consultant  in  McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Consultant in McLean, VA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay, typically worked less than 50 hours a week, many locations

Cons

Work can be pointless, didn't get to see nice polished products put into effect, management is more concerned about pleasing the client than actually delivering ideas that are useful/long lasting.

For strategy consulting at Booz, if you went to school for Political Science or International Relations, you may love it here. If you went to school for something where you plan to make immediate change/improvements or even changes within a few years- don't work here. The projects I have been on are laughable-- the American public would chastise the government even more if they knew they were funneling funds into crap like this.

I am leaving the firm and taking a huge pay cut, all voluntarily-- solely because I can't "fake it" and act like we are a bunch of experts on topics that don't really matter.

To upper management- get out of "strategy consulting." The government will not be able to sustain our DoD and other agencies with scorns of contractors who are all experts in whatever.
    Stay in the IT field, but use the Booz Allen proprietary stuff and start trying to work with REAL organizations, such as publically traded or private companies. By REAL, I mean companies that have goals to meet- ie profit or sustaining their work force, not just continuously gaining new business with the ever failing government.

The worse company I have worked for in 35 years.

Current Employee - Intelligence Analyst  in  Honolulu, HI
    Current Employee - Intelligence Analyst in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

From the outside the company appears to be the "model" for both the client and employee.

Cons

I'm in my third year with BAH and believe it is the worse company I have worked for in 35 years.

The company touts itself as highly ethical but it's ethics are only client facing. I have never, in my over 35 years in the workforce, been treated as badly as an employee or manager/leader. I've had 9 "team leads" and 6 "career managers" in just over two years. None of them had or the same level of management or leadership experience I have and none of them have been able to provide or expressed any real guidance or interest in helping me move up or gain additional responsibility for promotion.

After my first year I was not debriefed on my evaluation by my program manager as I was told I would be. He was simply "too busy." The next year the same thing happened.

I have several other reasons for being unhappy with this company relating to promotions/opportunities, having to use personnel time to participate in company sponsored functions, and lack of assistance and poor quality mid-level leadership.

I believe I have given BAH more than an ample opportunity to prove me wrong but I stand by my opinion that it is a horrible company to work for.

I am transferring with active duty spouse this year and I would not consider staying with BAH even if it meant giving up my career.

Show your employees that they have value by identifying and hiring real managers and leaders with experience necessary to work with both employees and clients to do what's best for both not just the companies bottom line.

There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!