Booz Allen Hamilton

www.boozallen.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

It has been a great ride and hope it last for a while longer.

Current Employee - 0b04a0c4@opayq.com in Fairfax, VA
Current Employee - 0b04a0c4@opayq.com in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time

Pros

Even with all the changes in the culture, it is still a very good place to work. I like the emphasis on ethics and innovation and creativity. There is strong support for developing your skills and abilities. Volunteerism is widely promoted.

Cons

The flow of information has changed from being pushed down the chain of command to the team members to a flood of information broadcast in such a high amount that finding valuable information about what is going on is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.
Very talented people are having a hard time finding positions before being let go because of the crappy person-to-position matching process.

Undercover Boss (include HR and RM)

2333 Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton (View Most Recent)

Good place to work, interesting assignments

Former Employee - Associate in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Associate in Washington, DC

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

--Allows you to grow and change career paths
    --Nature and the scope of the work is so diverse that there is always new work and projects available
    --The clients are usually very good, receptive to BAH employees and want to partner to achieve good results
    --The BAH employees are smart, ambitious and helpful to their colleagues
    --The quality of work and level of professionalism learned when working at BAH prepares you for any and all future work situations in any environment (more than any other company would)
    --The Leadership is extremely engaged with all levels of staff and serve as mentors to all levels of staff--there is a true "open door" policy
    --There is a ton of work in the DC metro area

Cons

--The company changed after the government practice was sold--less qualified, lazy people are being hired
    --Rise of staff augmentation (vs innovative) work has been on the rise since the sale and going public
    --They moved to the concept of "office hoteling" which is rather inconvenient instead of employees having office.

None

Treated well and happy with BAH. I was a lucky one on a good team......some aren't as lucky.

Current Employee - Cyber Security Analyst in Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Cyber Security Analyst in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than a year)

Pros

BAH has treated me well, as an intern, as a FT employee, and as a person. I have really enjoyed the people I've worked with. Some of the smartest/brightest people I've ever met has been at Booz.

Cons

Benefits have gotten slashed in the past few years and the experience you have at BAH is typically "team focused" meaning...if you have a great team, you'll have a good job....but a bad team means your life could be a living hell. It all depends, if you aren't sure about the team that your about to on-board with....be careful in your decision.

Keep hiring top talent....not the average Joe-Smoe's that keep getting on contract because they are "cheap". Also, focus on the commercial markets, they're the clients that are actually fun and exciting to work for.

There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton