There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

was good

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

structure is clear, as is employee review process. mature company with mature policies, generally fair...very noticeable how sophisticated they are here when going to smaller companies with less experience.

Cons

salary is decent. promotions are weird. A former intern has already a level III a level I never attained. Lots of young people were promoted quickly while others stagnated, really depended on your team and managers. I had one great team there and one not so great ....like 2 different companies. overall a good place.

Advice to Management

try to keep people from getting siloed on one team -- unless that is their choice. Promote fairness. Be careful of what happens when you hire too many youth, especially on the same team ...reward experience not just degrees.

reviews filtered by

Lost its luster, but still a positive experience.

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

At first, when it was privately owned, BAH was awesome. There was a real feeling of teamwork and belonging. The firm was dedicated to long term growth and it showed in their investments into Cyber Security and Cloud Computing. There was great potential for growth. Also the 10% into your 401k is awesome!

Cons

Unfortunately, after going public, the bottom line per quarter became more important than long term strategy. Huge dividends were paid out, while employees suffered raises that did not keep up with inflation and promotions were held back from deserving employees. I was told that if I was up for promotion a year or two before, there wouldn't be any doubt of getting it, and I deserved it, but now financial times are too tight. This was a few months after giving a $6.50 dividend (no that's not a typo.) Sour taste to say the least.

Advice to Management

Get back to your roots! Treat your people as you used to, they're all you've got.

2. Excellent company, excellent teamwork environment.

Former Employee - Senior Program Manager in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Senior Program Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Teamwork is highly encouraged. Personnel are highly professional and the work environment was very conducive to customer support efforts.

Cons

Upward mobility was limited. Resource allocation for customer support could have been better managed.

Advice to Management

None

There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton