It was a waste of three years.

Former Employee - Senior Environmental Specialist  in  McLean, VA
Former Employee - Senior Environmental Specialist in McLean, VA

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Booz Allen is very complimentary of your work until you are not billable.

Cons

On all projects, junior employees ran the jobs while those with the experience were limited on billable hours and expected to correct all errors.

Utilize your employees more efficiently and provide better guidance.

Other Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Those with the right attitude can succeed

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company culture is values centered, but can vary from client to client. Most of the contracts I see now are on for on-site delivery, so office environments vary. When the government shut down in October, I don't think any employees were laid off - they definitely took care of us then.

Cons

40 hours per week is the minimum for most contracts - if you're looking to get ahead or promoted, 50 - 60 hours per week is what it takes. Compensation for technically skilled employees starts a little on the low side but can pick up and surpass non-consulting technical jobs.

With all the changes going on right now, you should definitely communicate clearly, early and often. Also, use internal company web sites to provide consistent information. I've heard a lot of conflicting reports on promotions for this upcoming summer.

Beware fo the sixth month review.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent starting pay with a good company culture and introduction to the world of consulting. I do have friends who have been with the company for years and have enjoyed an excellent career.

Cons

This company does not train incoming employees well and the work load is very dependent on the site leads and client. I was never shown how to do things the Booz-Allen way or given online tutorials until after the 6th month review. Beware of the 6th month review! In an odd way this is how they train employees after watching you sink or swim for 6 months. But it also boils down to the client; if the client likes you it will be a good review, if the client doesn’t, it will be negative. I also, came into a bad situation where the site lead and my supervisor left in less than three months after being employed with the company for years. This changed the culture of the site and with a difficult client the new site lead and supervisor didn’t know how to manage the consultants in a professional manner leading me to leave sooner than I wanted too.

There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton.

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!