Booz Allen Hamilton

www.boozallen.com
  www.boozallen.com
There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

The worst experience I have ever had in my almost 10 years working in gov't contracts. DO NOT WORK IN PRICING

Current Employee - Senior Pricing Analyst in McLean, VA
Current Employee - Senior Pricing Analyst in McLean, VA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This section is non applicable as I cannot think of any pros of working for BAH.

Cons

Where to begin.....no one, not your supervisor, not your career manager, no one has your back. This is something very important to have when you are just starting at a new company. Client Staff can notify you of a change literally less than 60 minutes before a deadline and it will still fall on you....no matter what. And it will be counted against you and client staff will not even be questioned.

Have your employee's back since they are the ones in the trenches all day actually doing the work for you and making you look good. If you do not do this than you will continue to operate like a brand new company every 5 years, hence the 20% turnover rate.

2219 Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton (View Most Recent)

Great place to work

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Training, advancement, increasing responsibilities. Work life balance, Internal support structure seems positive.

Cons

Climate has changed a lot in the past 15 years. Constant restructuring .

Bring back the little things.

Overall Very Good Company!

Current Employee - Senior Consultant Level II in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant Level II in Washington, DC

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Booz Allen is overall a very good balanced company. I really enjoy the very flexible time policies, which allow me to take 2 or 3 days off a month without taking vacation time. The company also was very generous during the government shutdown most, if not all employees still got paid. My experience has been its easy to move to different contracts and markets, which served me well as person young in their career. The company also have pretty good benefits.

Cons

Lots of relatively large changes over the past two years have impacted benefits and work-life balance. The benefits are still good but much less. Working 100% on client site can make you feel disconnected from the firm at large. Promotion and upward mobility is very much dependent on your management chain, having a good management chain is awesome. A not so good management chain is a horrible experience. If you are young in your career and "under paid" getting a significant raise or market salary adjustment is difficult.

Think about the impact of implementing large scale organizational changes to quickly.

There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton