There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Great company and people, Great professional experience and growth

Current Employee - Systems Engineer Associate in Norfolk, VA
Current Employee - Systems Engineer Associate in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, very profestional, opportunites to grow professtionally.

Cons

Sometimes being between contracts can get unpredictable.

Advice to Management

Comunicate to your team, nothing is for sure but communication helps to build trust within your team.

Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

1. Senior Accountant

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility, Commute, Salary is all i want to share

Cons

nothing to share at the moment. No cons

Not you father's Booz Allen

Former Employee - Associate
    Former Employee - Associate

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great name recognition. The Booz Allen name still caries some weight. It helped me get an interview for my current position at a Fortune 100. Collaborative. Booz Allen is still decent at collaboration, though with the move to "hoteling" this was somewhat degraded. Senior leaders have open door policies and many will accommodate even if you are not on their team. Core values espoused are still in the firm, but not consistent. The dynamic changes from team to team, even within the same home office. Flexible work schedule. Over the two years I spent with Booz Allen, I received the ability to complete my billable hours to accommodate travel and take business days off needed for my graduate degree program. Great ways to give back through Booz Allen Cares.

Cons

At the point of Principal and above, there is a huge disconnect with the lower ranking consultants up through Senior Associate. Notifying employees of permanent changes to vacation/holiday schedules between Christmas and New Years via email was appalling. Cutting ECAP, was the final blow to benefits that differentiated Booz. Moreover, billable workers like myself were viewed as a commodity. Client delivery wasn't really valued, just filling a seat and ability to retain a security clearance. All of these cons have changed the culture for the worse.

Advice to Management

Carlyle needs to find a new CEO. If you want to sell Booz, you need to somewhat divest from government contracting and go after lucrative private sector work in specialty areas like cyber security. Show employees they are more than a # on a spreadsheet. Cut workforce size if need be, but return to the old Booz of retaining quality employees who can move from project to project. With threats of lack or work letters and instability, talent will continue to leave. Your job is to continue a private consulting business model in a publicly traded company. This is difficult, but there needs to be a balance between shareholder value and retaining talent in a consulting business model.