Booz Allen Hamilton

www.boozallen.com

2044 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Solid company, good work/life balance, ok salaries

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) McLean, VA

ProsI enjoy working with everyone I have met in this company and that's what makes the job most enjoyable. Booz Allen is a solid company where you can switch careers but don't necessarily have to switch companies. They provide a lot of benefits such as 6% 401(k) matching, tuition reimbursement, parking fee reimbursement, etc. Booz Allen is very strong in its day-to-day operations activities. They have solid support from all of the commodity shops such as IT, HR, Accounting, etc., which allows employees to focus on their work and not getting paid on time, finding someone to fix their laptop, or getting quickly on-boarded to company policies. It's also a great place for military folks leaving the service and transitioning to a civilian career. Booz Allen primarily supports the Department of Defense and US Government, so military jargon and an understanding of military and government culture is desired. Also, since there are numerous veterans working at Booz Allen, it's a great place to find an immediate support group.

ConsIf you want to make the highest salary in the industry, don't work at Booz Allen. If you are looking for great mentors who will take you under their wing to show you the ropes, don't work at Booz Allen. Booz Allen requires its employees to be 100% proactive in managing their own careers. Booz Allen provides the resources and networking opportunities to be successful, but its on the employee to create their own success. Aside from the lack of mentorship, Booz Allen's culture since it has become publicly traded is to maximize shareholder value. Booz seems to have removed its concern for employees and put all emphasis on boosting the bottom line. This is frustrating as an employee because, as good as that is for the company as a whole, it sucks as an individual. All correspondence coming down from the higher ups details their actions as "good for the company" but anyone with any business sense can smell the accounting and finance tricks that are going on to keep the company financially healthy. Granted, it's a necessary evil, but it still makes me upset as an employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring back ECAP to compensate for the lower salaries, define a path to become a partner, and make that look more possible than it is now (2014). I've been advised by many higher level Booz Allen employees that making it to partner is nearly impossible and that I should look at smaller firms if I want to climb the ranks.

The Maturation of Booz Allen Hamilton

Associate (Former Employee) Fort Belvoir, VA

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Prior to the Firm going public, it had the best business… Cons: In order to climb the success ladder, associates would need to work program management, business development or other leadership-directed initiatives in the evenings/weekends, probably… Advice to Senior Management: Stay ahead of the curve to minimize the need for… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good learning experience

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Runs like a well-oiled machine, well-organized. The benefits are decent, pay decent, although the days of lavish parties and generous compensations are gone.… Cons: Booz has a stellar reputation, however, the company has been trying to rest on those laurels and not necessarily adjusting to new realities… Advice to Senior Management: Get in tune with where the government is at now,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Booz Allen Hamilton.

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!