There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Interesting work, supporting national decision makers. Plenty of training opportunities available.

Former Contractor - Associate/Cyber Policy Analyst in Fort George G Meade, MD
Former Contractor - Associate/Cyber Policy Analyst in Fort George G Meade, MD

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay was competitive within the industry and location. Promotions were good up until the federal shut-down which impacted lots of current and future business.

Cons

"Strategic wins" for new business resulted in pay cuts, pay freezes, and terminations. In order to be promotable employees have to be fully billable and put in additional time (sometimes up to 20+ hours a week) working on various internal projects.

reviews filtered by
  1. Internship Review

Former Intern - Administrative Assistant in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Former Intern - Administrative Assistant in Annapolis Junction, MD

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is very flexible and has great opportunities for moving up the ladder. There are many young people in the company, and there is a lot of opportunity to travel.

Cons

Do not expect to have your own office unless you are a higher up because the company has a strict hoteling policy.

Senior Management does not care about the team. Booz Allen is nothing more than a body shop.

Former Employee - Associate in Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
    Former Employee - Associate in Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I cannot think of any Pros. Booz Allen has been the worst company I have ever worked for in my 25 years of employment.

Cons

I went to me Senior Manager to see if he could find more work for me. My manager then told me, he was not going to find more work for me but instead he was going to lay me off. I talked to him about not having much time to find another assignment because my CAC card was expiring on August 21st.

A software developer on our team was also being laid off. On July 31st, the software developer told our group he found a new job. Our Senior Manager congratulated him, wished him luck and told him the group would throw him a big party on his last day of work.

The next day, on August 1st, I came to work. I saw my Senior Manager and said hello to him. I then saw another Senior Manager who attended a customer meeting with me. Immediately after this meeting, I get a call from my Career Manager. He said he had to talk to me immediately. When I met him, he said “What the hell are you doing at work. Your last day was yesterday.” I told my Career Manager that I had talked with my Senior Manager and we discussed my last day being August 21st. He told me no, July 31st was my last day of work. I looked at him and said I had no idea that July 31st was my last day of work. No one said a thing to me. Worst yet, if July 31st was my last day of work, no one even said good bye to me! I have never been treated so unprofessionally in all of my life.

Advice to Management

Better communication and better resource management.