Booz Allen Hamilton

www.boozallen.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Promotes engaging, creative work with strong reach back support and flexible work options. All round very satisfied.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time

Pros

The company has an excellent culture of sharing intellectual capital, collaboration,and mentorship. Salaries and benefits are still better than competitors, and I really feel valued in my job. Leadership is good and stable; people you actually look up to.

Cons

The firm is moving from a pure consulting firm to a personal services firm and is not diversifying outside the government sector fast enough to mitigate the risk of a shrinking government. Benefits are also reducing more and more every year to stay competitive. Somewhat to be expected after going public and the downturn in the economy, but still unsettling.

For a firm that prides itself on its change experts, leadership does need to do a better job on socializing change internally and being transparent on the decisions they make to stay competitive in the market. They also need to be more bullish about getting into new markets, particularly the energy and financial industries.

2337 Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton (View Most Recent)

Information Security

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Focused on quality of staff, excellent support to staff, willing to bench the right people for reasonable amount of time

Cons

consulting model used which could result in short employment if the company was/is not willing to bench the individual.

Good company, but contracting has no stability

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great manager, community involvement is strong, great pay and benefits; teleworking is encouraged

Cons

no stability; dislike looking for your own work after contracts end; small pool of PTO in comparison to the # of hours you're expected to work. Having an allotment of training hours is useless if you're expected to make up those hours. After 9 years, I still don't get that logic. Love my manager and client, but am always looking for something more stable career outside of contracting.

Don't get so bogged down in winning work that you forget your team. Hellooo??? We're actually doing the work out here. Training time should not be "repaid" if we're improving skills to better serve clients.

There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton