There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Promotes engaging, creative work with strong reach back support and flexible work options. All round very satisfied.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time

Pros

The company has an excellent culture of sharing intellectual capital, collaboration,and mentorship. Salaries and benefits are still better than competitors, and I really feel valued in my job. Leadership is good and stable; people you actually look up to.

Cons

The firm is moving from a pure consulting firm to a personal services firm and is not diversifying outside the government sector fast enough to mitigate the risk of a shrinking government. Benefits are also reducing more and more every year to stay competitive. Somewhat to be expected after going public and the downturn in the economy, but still unsettling.

Advice to Management

For a firm that prides itself on its change experts, leadership does need to do a better job on socializing change internally and being transparent on the decisions they make to stay competitive in the market. They also need to be more bullish about getting into new markets, particularly the energy and financial industries.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Solid Culture and Great Place to Work

Former Employee - Lead Associate (Project Manager) in Linthicum, MD
    Former Employee - Lead Associate (Project Manager) in Linthicum, MD

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Booz Allen is dedicated to growing and supporting their employees, paying specific attention to career development and professional mentoring.

Cons

Increased competition and shrinking contract opportunities may hinder growth for the foreseeable future.

Advice to Management

Management needs to focus on strengthening existing relationships and developing small business partnerships to navigate through a changing marketplace.

2. Good company, but contracting has no stability

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great manager, community involvement is strong, great pay and benefits; teleworking is encouraged

Cons

no stability; dislike looking for your own work after contracts end; small pool of PTO in comparison to the # of hours you're expected to work. Having an allotment of training hours is useless if you're expected to make up those hours. After 9 years, I still don't get that logic. Love my manager and client, but am always looking for something more stable career outside of contracting.

Advice to Management

Don't get so bogged down in winning work that you forget your team. Hellooo??? We're actually doing the work out here. Training time should not be "repaid" if we're improving skills to better serve clients.