There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Promotes engaging, creative work with strong reach back support and flexible work options. All round very satisfied.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time

Pros

The company has an excellent culture of sharing intellectual capital, collaboration,and mentorship. Salaries and benefits are still better than competitors, and I really feel valued in my job. Leadership is good and stable; people you actually look up to.

Cons

The firm is moving from a pure consulting firm to a personal services firm and is not diversifying outside the government sector fast enough to mitigate the risk of a shrinking government. Benefits are also reducing more and more every year to stay competitive. Somewhat to be expected after going public and the downturn in the economy, but still unsettling.

For a firm that prides itself on its change experts, leadership does need to do a better job on socializing change internally and being transparent on the decisions they make to stay competitive in the market. They also need to be more bullish about getting into new markets, particularly the energy and financial industries.

reviews filtered by
  1. Project Management Review for the Escalation of Time On Line 1997 - 1998

Former Contractor - Project Manager in McLean, VA
    Former Contractor - Project Manager in McLean, VA

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

The opportunities for growth are limitless,the company values come from the Old Guard with continuous growth and partnership building.the benefits are the answer to todays challenges with offering needed benefits for everyone.

Cons

If you don't like true progress,a level playing field,good structure,limitless training opportunities,true product design,development,testing,commercialization and the ability to solve challenging both national and global business challenges then it wouldn't be a good place to work.

I once read and this isn't verbadom," there can be no building or creation without structure, you only get chaos.

If you like organization,planning and strategy with the creation of new platfforms and building great teams with good chemistry,then I'd look at Booz Allen and Hamilton's Model and look at the Founders going back to 1914.

2. Awesome

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time

Pros

Employee Development is the best Ive seen.

Cons

None yet to be concerned about.

There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton