There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Riding Inertia of Reputation Earned Many Years Ago

Former Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Washington, DC
Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than a year

Pros

This review pertains to my experience in the SIG. Very flexible working arrangements, multiple offices in the DC area and working from home isn't a problem. Lots of nice people (non-management).

Cons

The company is currently collapsing at an astonishing pace (particularly the health market) while its competitors are hiring aggressively. Management are liars and scoundrels. Will stab you in the back in a heartbeat if they screwed up their quarterly estimates. Focus is entirely on short term revenue targets and they will happily fire good people who are between projects. Force people to take awful assignments such as data entry.

The company culture is completely decentralized; your experience at the firm is 100% down to your career manager and their boss. You are left to fend for yourself to find a project and you never see anyone, partly a consequence of the extremely flexible work locations noted above. Company claims to be about ethics and integrity which is completely laughable. Compensation is low, there is no bonus, and the benefits are average.

Management is terrible. Liars and cheats. Treat employees like dogs. No appreciation for good people and communication is nonexistent.

2135 Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton (View Most Recent)

Once was a 5 star company

Former Employee - Associate  in  McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Associate in McLean, VA

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I worked at Booz Allen for about 6 years. I honestly could have seen myself staying with the firm for my entire career. I really loved working at Booz Allen.

- Good Benefits
    - Great People
    - Bench between contracts
    - Awesome work with great clients.

Cons

Everything in my pro category has gone away. There have been huge cut backs in the name of short term gains at the expense of long term growth. All spending on employees has stopped and the salaries have stagnated. The bench was a benefit that allowed you to be paid when you were between contracts, it is non-existent now. Senior people have left because you can't risk getting laid off if your contract ends abruptly.

Invest in the long term. Be willing to take a loss on people on the bench so that everyone that is on a billable contract can feel secure.

Senior Accountant

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexibility, Commute, Salary is all i want to share

Cons

nothing to share at the moment. No cons

There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!