There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Great company of highly motivated professionals

Current Employee - Lead Technologist in McLean, VA
Current Employee - Lead Technologist in McLean, VA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great working environment with the opportunity to work with other highly motivated professionals. Able to learn a great deal with good benefits.

Cons

Work/Life balance has been on a steady decline as they "encourage" you to work specifically on-site at client environments. Given the primary focus of the business is still currently working with DoD, contracts tend to be a bit on the volatile side given the current political climate.

Advice to Management

Over the past few years, have felt very disjoint from organization as a whole. Lack of team building activities leads to becoming disenchanted with working for Booz Allen versus being an employee for the client themselves. Fostering organizational/team culture should be better emphasized to encourage a sense of organizational community that is currently lacking.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good company, but contracting has no stability

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great manager, community involvement is strong, great pay and benefits; teleworking is encouraged

Cons

no stability; dislike looking for your own work after contracts end; small pool of PTO in comparison to the # of hours you're expected to work. Having an allotment of training hours is useless if you're expected to make up those hours. After 9 years, I still don't get that logic. Love my manager and client, but am always looking for something more stable career outside of contracting.

Advice to Management

Don't get so bogged down in winning work that you forget your team. Hellooo??? We're actually doing the work out here. Training time should not be "repaid" if we're improving skills to better serve clients.

Not all that its cracked up to be.....

Current Employee - Consultant in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Consultant in McLean, VA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are good Flexable work schedule

Cons

Cut throat co workers and managers Lack of stability due to government cut backs

Advice to Management

Stop showing favortism to brown nosers and butt kissers.