There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

After two years, I still like my job!

Current Employee - Associate in Aberdeen, MD
Current Employee - Associate in Aberdeen, MD

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

BAH encourages their employees to learn and to work with others to complete projects. One of the big pushes is networking. We have meetings, lunches, discussions and presentations available on a regular basis to help network, meet other employees, and/or learn more on a topic or a BAH offering.

Cons

Working on proposals for new work or to continue current work can be time heavy and exhausting. I've worked multiple weeks of 12-14+ hour days on this type of work.

Advice to Management

Acknowledge a broader spectrum of employees for projects. It seems that many people do the work for the success, but the same few get noticed all the time.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

I came in as a senior manager/director, but have been working on a junior level.

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is large and has many perks and benefits. It's great for people who are early in their career or those who bring a business base to the company.

Cons

You are expected to "prove yourself" to senior management--what you accomplished before coming to the company has little value. Administrative responsibilities, such as performance reviews and attending team meetings and company updates, are done "on your own time."

Advice to Management

Leverage experienced employees to provide leadership to more junior employees. Stop engaging inexperienced staff as leaders of experienced staff.

2. Learned a lot about life and business (aside from IT Consulting)

Former Employee - Associate in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Associate in Washington, DC

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very prestigious company with (formerly) incredible benefits. Opportunity to learn a lot about life and business through osmosis alone.

Cons

Bought by Carlyle in '08 (private equity firm), as well as its adaptation to current economic times, is starting to make BAH just another firm.

Advice to Management

Try to get BAH back to its roots pre-Carlyle (as much as feasible in these times). Find a way to keep talent around during challenging times.