There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Pleasant experience overall but hate the cubicle. Need more meaningful projects.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in McLean, VA
Current Employee - Senior Consultant in McLean, VA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Really work with smart, intelligent people. Training opportunitites abound.

Cons

A lot of times there's no autonomy, mastery, or purpose in assignments. I don't like the cubicle and work-life balance is not accessible to most folks on client site. And, it's very hard to find the opportunities with telework/telecommute options although the firm wins lots of awards for such.

Advice to Management

Very hard to get a promotion and raises are very slim

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Lethargic industry, poor internal organization

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No need to travel much is a plus, and the benefits are decent.

Cons

In my personal experience, nobody at the company cares whether or not you are there, and middle management is exceptionally poor. I was placed on a client site 100% immediately after orientation (which failed to teach me anything important about the company's operations), and am now in my 11th month on the same project. My manager was fired a few months into my time here, before ever having a one-on-one discussion with me for even 5 minutes. Her replacement, who works out of a Booz office maybe 10 minutes away, has not bothered to visit our client site or invite me to his office, and the middle manager between myself and those folks has never shown an interest in learning what skills I might or might not have. The company is heavily focused on federal contracting, and has no strong incentive to stay more than just a notch above its inefficient clients in terms of delivery. Compensation is also poor vis-a-vis the consulting industry at large, and there seems to be no consideration of value for a non-MBA higher education degree, even if directly relevant to work being performed.

Advice to Management

Try to even pretend to take an interest in the employees you have, and you may find some obvious assets sitting right under your nose. Buy what you're selling.

2. Great Employer!

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great employer offering diversity in assignments, great opportunities for training, and skilled co-workers.

Cons

In locations farther from the HQ, some client offerings are not as diverse