There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

working for BAH

Former Employee - Systems Engineer  in  Dayton, OH
Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Dayton, OH

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton

Pros

very collaborative environment and flat leadership structure

Cons

as a consultant you have to convince your client how to do things. I prefer making decisions myself.

I think the company is being run very well

2127 Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton (View Most Recent)

Pyramid Scheme

Current Employee - Associate  in  McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Associate in McLean, VA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton

Pros

The company name has an excellent reputation so you can be proud to work there
    The company's 401K annual donation is generous

Cons

Pressure to hire people when there is no work for them to do is a hidden way to pressure you into capturing new business. It's all about head count and revenue. But up until this year, quality people were treated as a valuable asset. The new operating model will have you out of a job if you go longer than 30 days under 90% utilization. People are constantly terrified they will lose their job. Ambitious managers are allowed to run their teams without any regard to building the employee's career. You can be placed in situations that stagnate your career so that your manager can inflate his career. This lack of consistency across the teams within teams makes it a crap shoot where you end up working inside the firm. Some managers do a lot better by their employees. The new operating model can trap you under a career manager. Until this year, you could switch managers. Until this year we conducted 360 degree interviews and hiring was a team approval operation. Now the manager or Senior Associate makes that decision without regard to the team opinion. This change happened over night and with no fanfare or explanation.

Stop the take share hiring because it allows Senior Associates to jeopardize their employees careers by pressuring them into hiring people they have no work for and it makes the employees lives ones of terror.

ASE/BAH

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton

Pros

Well known firm
    Great benefits if working directly for BAH
    Flexible work schedules
    Retail discounts nationwide
    Looks great on your esume
    Family values

Cons

ASE is a wholly owned company of BAH - but does not come with the same benefits and perks. Very difficult to deal with. Dissappointed in quality of professionalism and deliverables generated by colleagues and management staff. I expected much more from a firm of this size and caliber.

Take a long hard look at ASE - when you wokr for ASE, your business cards say BAH and you are promoted as BAH butr do not receive the same benefits. Don't treat ASE employees as the red headed step child - not our fault that the contract was bid through ASE and not BAH.

There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!