There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Very solid company with minor flaws, hope that going public won't change much but fear it will.

Current Employee - Intelligence Analyst in McLean, VA
Current Employee - Intelligence Analyst in McLean, VA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton

Pros

The firm has a very good reputation in the industry. From what I've been told (and not by people within the firm), having the BAH name on your resume makes you extremely marketable to other companies. As others have stated, much of your experience at BAH will be dictated by what team/manager you're assigned to, but I fell like that could be the case with any company you work for. Fortunately I'm on a solid team with excellent management, with a few exceptions (discussed further in cons). My compensation is very fair and I have been recognized through rewards when my work has deserved it. My career has progressed at a very fair pace, and I'm happy with my current opportunities for growth.

Cons

Sometimes leadership makes you feel as though the bottom line is all important, even if it means it negatively effects those working on client site. Although it has gotten better, most of their IT systems are built for access within the firewall, and trying to get access to certain systems from home or client site are extremely difficult or altogether impossible. The assessment processes, despite getting updated every year, is very flawed in my opinion. They're very proud of the 360-degree assessment process, but I feel as though clients see it as a hassle to provide input regarding specific employee competencies as opposed to general statement regarding employee performance.

Advice to Management

Keep your word and keep Booz Allen as it was before we went public.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Tried and true, which isnt always good in a technology career

Current Employee - Associate in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Associate in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton

Pros

good work life balance, benefits

Cons

very old conservative way of doing business Its very profit oriented down to the lowest levels

Advice to Management

Invest in technology and especially in training

Changing for the better, driven by the market

Current Employee - Associate in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Associate in Washington, DC

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton

Pros

The firm emerged from the IPO strong, focused and devoted to building capabilities across a variety of markets. Excellent, disciplined senior management, with increasing attention to results and deliverable quality.

Cons

Ongoing growing pains and identity questions. Are we a high-end management consulting firm? Are we a systems integrator? Are we functional experts? Are we focused on operational, system- and program-implementation work? The answer, increasingly, is "yes". Soon, the realities of our market footprint will dictate our focus.

Advice to Management

We're incredibly strong at retaining clients year after year - our focus should not only be on building those reltionships, but also becoming their consultant of choice for the full range of professional service needs.