Booz Allen Hamilton

www.boozallen.com
  www.boozallen.com
There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Very solid company with minor flaws, hope that going public won't change much but fear it will.

Current Employee - Intelligence Analyst in McLean, VA
Current Employee - Intelligence Analyst in McLean, VA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton

Pros

The firm has a very good reputation in the industry. From what I've been told (and not by people within the firm), having the BAH name on your resume makes you extremely marketable to other companies. As others have stated, much of your experience at BAH will be dictated by what team/manager you're assigned to, but I fell like that could be the case with any company you work for. Fortunately I'm on a solid team with excellent management, with a few exceptions (discussed further in cons). My compensation is very fair and I have been recognized through rewards when my work has deserved it. My career has progressed at a very fair pace, and I'm happy with my current opportunities for growth.

Cons

Sometimes leadership makes you feel as though the bottom line is all important, even if it means it negatively effects those working on client site. Although it has gotten better, most of their IT systems are built for access within the firewall, and trying to get access to certain systems from home or client site are extremely difficult or altogether impossible. The assessment processes, despite getting updated every year, is very flawed in my opinion. They're very proud of the 360-degree assessment process, but I feel as though clients see it as a hassle to provide input regarding specific employee competencies as opposed to general statement regarding employee performance.

Keep your word and keep Booz Allen as it was before we went public.

2245 Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton (View Most Recent)

Best company I have ever worked for

Current Employee - Associate in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Associate in Washington, DC

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton

Pros

Challenging work; Intelligent colleagues; Information Sharing; Growth Opportunities; Flexible schedules

Cons

Rarely negotiate salary and most likely bring you in lower than what competitors offer

Make sure you are competitive in your salaries, offer end of year cash bonuses for Lead Associates and Associates, especially if they are bringing in business.

It is an excellent company with amazing benefits and a rock-solid reputation.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton

Pros

Salary is extremely competetive.
    Work/Life balance is encouraged.
    Intelligence of co-workers.
    I work on interesting and stimulating topics.

Cons

Constant reorganization of business structure.
    Office management is lacking.
    Contracting issues can arise.
    Work flow fluctuation.

At offices with multiple teams, make the printers the responsibility not of teams but of the office management.

There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton