Best GMC firm to work for - and bonus - no ego's!

I have been working at Booz & Company

Pros

Amazing group of mentors and network that have rallied around me to ensure I get the development I need and continue to advance in the firm

Cons

Has a broad set of capabilities and offerings they can take to clients, but some functions and practices are better integrated than others

Stay focused on the client and the team, feels like at time partners are focused on their comp payout/ revenue goals, as long as serving the client's most important issues and developing the juniors, growth will follow

Other Reviews for Booz & Company

Great place to growth for young consultant in a real international environment

I have been working at Booz & Company

Pros

Work with global organization on relevant business issues, international teams, clear and transparent performance management

Cons

Compensation not aligned to best in class consulting firms, little attention to work life balance, not enough recognition of functional practices

A good launching pad into management consulting.

Current Employee - Associate
    Current Employee - Associate

I have been working at Booz & Company

Pros

Good reputation, a reasonable amount of training provided, robust performance management and I was lucky enough to be involved in many interesting and diverse projects. Some of the senior management team were excellent role models and fantastic leaders.

Cons

Some of the senior management team (Partners and Principals in particular) were motivated by the $ targets required to retain their own level, more than managing and coaching staff to bring out their best.

Remember that the key to creating and retaining good staff is being a good leader and coach, providing constructive feedback, and walking your talk. If you can motivate and retain good staff the $ required to meet your targets will follow, as clients will want to re-engage the talented and authentic staff you have retained.

There are newer employer reviews for Booz & Company.

Worked for Booz & Company? Contribute to the Community!