Borders

www.bordersgroupinc.com

Very good while in college

Bookseller (Former Employee) Fremont, CA

ProsBorders was a really good, stress free job for me during college. I never brought any work home, and mostly it was like hanging out and sometimes you also got so solve mysteries for people. At the time while I was in school and didn't have to support myself it was a fair salary, although now years later it would've seemed impossible to live off. At least as a part-time position. I was never seeking out a career with them so it worked well. Was an original employee of a new store, and getting it ready for opening was fun, and we were well trained for it.

ConsRegular "customers" treated the place like a library and wouldn't put books back in their place. Some days and weeks the store got messed up much faster than you could put it all back.

Advice to Senior ManagementI liked it when we had a community staff member in charge of events and things locally. Ours got replaced with someone less skilled and less friendly based in another store, then I don't even know what happened to that position. We also were given these beyond realistic targets that our store never came close to reaching in its existence. They always seemed to be a joke, and short of increased local advertising there wasn't anything really our store could've done to increase sales. I also think our general store managers boss only came to the store maybe twice in two years mostly early on. Never saw any other didt from outside of our store come to the store.

It was fun while it lasted!!

Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) Carlisle, PA

I worked at Borders

Pros: My manager and fellow team members were very positive and supportive. The work was… Cons: The commute was absolutely horrible. More

It was great

Inventory Manager (Former Employee) Louisville, KY

I worked at Borders

Pros: friendly, Great Discounts, fun, easy going, good hours, good people, good… Cons: boring, repeatative, not much growth, out of business, a little strick on some things, new… More
There are newer reviews on Borders.

Worked for Borders? Contribute to the Community!