Borders
www.bordersgroupinc.com Ann Arbor, MI 5000+ Employees

Borders, a great place for the curious individual.

Inventory Supervisor (Current Employee)
South Portland, ME

ProsSet schedule no surprise shifts!. The knowledge base of all the employee's is vast and diverse, it's always fun to learn new things. Great discounts for employees.

Consthe store is to far from my home..but i guess that's not really a downside. All in all it's a good place to work the people are nice and my co-workers always lend hands when i need them. maybe the downside is pay isn't phenomenal.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on being open and reliable. You have all been where i am before just starting out and trying not to get to much wrong.. just keep the communication flowing and everything will work itself out.

Nice place to visit but wouldn't wanna work there

Floor Sales (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

I have been working at Borders

Pros: relaxed dress code, most employees are fun to work with, meet great… Cons: DM offers no constructive advice only negative and never acknowldeges employees, GM is a slob who shows up 3 hrs early in the morning to… Advice to Senior Management: it does not take that much effort to type out something in Word and post it when changes are made. No, employees wont call daily… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Borders used to be great. That's gone

Buyer (Current Employee)
    Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Borders

Pros: flextime. laid back work place Cons: cut backs. management is completely out of touch Advice to Senior Management: they are beyond help. they are replacing all the people who cared about… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Borders.

Worked for Borders? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Borders reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Borders CEO Michael J. Edwards. All reviews posted anonymously by Borders employees.