Borders

www.bordersgroupinc.com

Borders, a great place for the curious individual.

Inventory Supervisor (Current Employee) South Portland, ME

ProsSet schedule no surprise shifts!. The knowledge base of all the employee's is vast and diverse, it's always fun to learn new things. Great discounts for employees.

Consthe store is to far from my home..but i guess that's not really a downside. All in all it's a good place to work the people are nice and my co-workers always lend hands when i need them. maybe the downside is pay isn't phenomenal.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on being open and reliable. You have all been where i am before just starting out and trying not to get to much wrong.. just keep the communication flowing and everything will work itself out.

Good company, but unfortunately not likely to continue.

General Manager (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

I have been working at Borders

Pros: Books are a great thing to work with, and Borders offers the opportunity to immerse yourself in books and music. I enjoy the opportunity to… Cons: Company stability and information sharing information with the field in a timely manner. There is a tendency to give information on store run events very… Advice to Senior Management: Trust the stores by giving them information early enough so… More

Scary future, stores closing.

Sales Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Borders

Pros: I love the products! The pay is reasonable for retail. Has good… Cons: The company is losing ground and closing stores. Very limited upward mobility. 6 day weeks during holidays for management. Really it all depends on the… Advice to Senior Management: Make better decisions- stop micromanaging and instead try to focus… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Borders.

Worked for Borders? Contribute to the Community!