Borders
www.bordersgroupinc.com Ann Arbor, MI 5000+ Employees

Great work environment. Diverse, collaborative, and edgy

Training Manager (Former Employee)
Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Borders full-time for more than 3 years

ProsDiversity, Autonomy, Work-life balance, smart co-workers, collaborative.

Borders has a great rep for acceptance of all people, regardless of age, gender, race, or lifestyle preferences. Indy atmosphere. Aggressive and autonomous work environment.

ConsBiggest con is that they are out of business! On a corporate and store level the comp was below average. Directionally, Borders went the wrong path and did not fully embrace new technologies which consequently led to the downfall of the company.

Great Place to Dedicate Working Life

Category Buyer (Former Employee)
Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at Borders full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Opportunity for advancement, culture, personal life balance, ability to integrate… Cons: The company is no longer in business. Advice to Senior Management: Near the end..listen to the people along the front lines and on the retail floor… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Book seller

Book Seller (Former Employee)
Woodbridge, VA

I worked at Borders part-time for less than a year

Pros: friendly, good hours, good environment. Cons: the pay, rude people sometimes Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Borders.

Worked for Borders? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Borders reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Borders CEO Michael J. Edwards. All reviews posted anonymously by Borders employees.