Borders
www.bordersgroupinc.com Ann Arbor, MI 5000+ Employees

The once great fell so far.

Inventory Supervisor (Former Employee)
Westlake, OH

I worked at Borders full-time for more than 5 years

ProsDiscount on books, promo copies you could take home, ability to borrow books, typically GREAT coworkers.

ConsHour cuts without warning, too much work/pressure, constant threat of closure, did I mention too much work?, customers became reliant on coupons and there were no systems in place to help us prevent abuse. So we were told not to allow them to abuse them but the customer would scream at us not corporate.

Advice to Senior ManagementCorporate knows nothing. They are constantly flailing about making silly decisions that anyone in the store knows won't "save the company."

I miss my job!

Inventory Processing Team (Current Employee)
Annapolis, MD

I have been working at Borders full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great people! Got to read lots of books and… Cons: The whole going out of business thing. Advice to Senior Management: Don't sell your online presence to amazon. Oh wait... No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Felt like family

Barista (Former Employee)
Southbury, CT

I worked at Borders part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Very understanding group of likeminded individuals Cons: The company no longer exists. More

There are newer reviews on Borders.

Worked for Borders? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Borders reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Borders CEO Michael J. Edwards. All reviews posted anonymously by Borders employees.