BorgWarner

There are newer employer reviews for BorgWarner

Inter

Former Employee - Intern
Former Employee - Intern

I worked at BorgWarner part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I was given the autonomy and responsibility to initiate and manage my own projects. I was also trusted with systems and projects that were important to current business.

Cons

I sometimes had difficultly getting direction when I was unsure how to proceed in certain situations. Though I really enjoyed the work environment, there were many people who were over-worked and were afforded too few vacations.

Take care of your people.

97 Other Employee Reviews for BorgWarner (View Most Recent)

What a Great internship

I worked at BorgWarner as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

Great one on one hands on experience with talented engineers and business professionals. Was asked to play key roles throughout projects and assignments. Coop Program allows group learning with interns from different departments.

Cons

Business internship still being developed but strong foundation established with Accounting Departments and Plant Operations.

Continue to develop structure throughout program.

Total lack of synergy

I worked at BorgWarner full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Like most places - there are some very good and hard working people at BorgWarner. Products are good - on par with the competition but becoming a commodity where everything will be price driven.

Cons

Management is without vision. The only thing they can say is "lower cost." The individual plants are in competition with each other and do not share ideas or opportunity. Tim Manganello actually sent out a newsletter and said "we are successful because we have a great culture. I don't know what that culture is but let's keep it up." Clueless - seriously clueless. Cronyism is as prevalent as it is in Washington.

Get a vision and manage to the vision. Stop making promotion decisions based on Cronyism.

There are newer employer reviews for BorgWarner