There are newer employer reviews for BorgWarner

Was good but now questionable

Current Employee - Machinist in Cortland, NY
Current Employee - Machinist in Cortland, NY

I have been working at BorgWarner

Pros

Pay is good for our area, centrally located, benfits are good. Safe place to work. The company is stable. When company has slow down they always brings all the employees back from lay off.

Cons

No paid Personal time, training is terrible, 10% rule on vacation, dirty work area's, poor communication on all. (Top management, Middle management, down to employee level), no hr department in cortland, no wellness-doctor.

This company has no follow through. You start a commitee or project and it always goes no where. Stop wasting money on stupid things.(hr machine, stop light)

reviews filtered by
  1. I have had no problems.

Current Employee - Machinist II in Seneca, SC
    Current Employee - Machinist II in Seneca, SC

I have been working at BorgWarner

Pros

Pay is very competetive. The people are very nice and the management staff is easey to get ahold of if ever needed.

Cons

The repetative motion of some of the jobs wears on the body. The fact that you can't work on the machines yourself gets frustrating as well.Should be able to make minor repairs without a MII.

consider speaking with empolyees about about making minor repairs to machines helping to elminate some down time due to waiting on MII or maintance to become availabe.

2. BorgWarner is a solid, professional company that has given me a good opportunity to learn and grow.

Current Employee - Administrative Position At WHQ in Auburn Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Administrative Position At WHQ in Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at BorgWarner

Pros

BorgWarner has good benefits, and employees achieve good work life balance. Mangement is very conservative and that makes Borg a very stable place to be.

Cons

WHQ can be somewhat political. Sometimes it is hard to grlw as quickly as a person might like.

I appreciate your foresight and steady approach to leadership. I would encourage you to keep that aspect but be willing to consider new ideas in the workplace for being flexible.

There are newer employer reviews for BorgWarner